• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Testicular Cancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testicular Cancer

Dear All

Last week got an email from my mother asking me if i checked myself out like she did for lumps in her breasts.

I do but then yesterday had a chat with a colleague, two people we know through professional circles have been diagnosed with testicular cancer in the past month (they both work at the same office!!!)

Anyway, check yourself out, look for painless lumps or bumps and go see the quack if you find any.

Glenn

Re: Testicular Cancer

Sound advice

My son was diagnosed with this when he was just 15 years old, its 4 years now since he had surgery, and he was given the all clear 12 months ago.

Comment

Everyman - Funding research to cross out male cancer.

Welcome to Everyman – the place to find out all you need to know about prostate and testicular cancer.

Everyman is a campaign run by The Institute of Cancer Research

Fact Sheet

Comment

Seen the interview John Hartson the other day and thought I would highlight it.

There is no doubt he's as brave and committed off the field as he was on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewzlEFx0sPQ

Comment

Sorry I'm not a guy gents, but I would like to say what a great thread for you guys, well done LB for setting these up and it will be and already is a very successful thread, good one.

And wishing you gents all the very best, and yes do check yourselves regularly, like us women have to with our breasts.

My dad was checked and diagnosed with prostate cancer some years back, it was very early detection and came through it. (although i no longer have my dad as he passed away in July of this year to pnemonia).

So checking is essential.

I know this is a guys thread, but the same time as my dad had this my mum and my youngest sister both had breast cancer, and I even though I am 42 years old I still have checks regularly, and this is a must.

CYNthesys blimey your son was very young, glad he have recovered well bless him.
          I tell both my sons and hubby who is almost 16 and the other 22 to check regularly, we did have a bit of a scare not so long back with my youngest but all okay.

Great thread and hope you didn't mind me posting.

Comment

I think generally men are far worse than women at admitting to any illness. Two of my close friends have died from cancer because they refused to accept the obvious symptoms. There are a lot of common mens' troubles and we need - ALL OF US - to be more open about them. It actually helps - those that read these threads oftten will know I suffer with severe mental health problems, but the more I talk about it, the more common I realise it is and the less it bothers me - the stigma I felt at first has gone.

I honestly think we're fortunate to have a thread for this sort of thing on this site and we need to use it. I can never quite understand why people are so embarrassed by bodies - we all have one in all sorts of shapes and sizes - it's one area other parts of Europe are streets ahead of us. Forget the stiff upper lip and be open - it helps!

Comment

Just found this thread and am amazed that it was started in April 2009 and had only 4 replies between then and Sept.2009 and then nothing until di30 'resurrected' it on the 20th of this month!

Emphasises what Casper posted..

I think generally men are far worse than women at admitting to any illness. Two of my close friends have died from cancer because they refused to accept the obvious symptoms. There are a lot of common mens' troubles and we need - ALL OF US - to be more open about them.

Read more at: Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - Reply to Topic
              I had serious issues some years ago and had a number of tests investigating possible problems with the prostrate and was mighty relieved to be told that my illness wasn't cancer--it was serious enough but nothing as bad had it have been cancer.

So after reading this thread I have taken Glenn UK's advice and made that long overdue check for those 'painless lumps and bumps'--how many other LB ers will do the same,women as well as men?

10,000+ members on here so lets see if we can get a minimum of 200 posts saying 'I've been sensible and checked'

Comment

Originally posted by middenmess View Post
                after reading this thread I have taken Glenn UK's advice and made that long overdue check for those 'painless lumps and bumps'--how many other LB ers will do the same,women as well as men?

10,000+ members on here so lets see if we can get a minimum of 200 posts saying 'I've been sensible and checked'
                Checked this morning. Good excuse for a fondle! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post

LOL, good boy. X

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post

I pretended that my hand was a stranger so with me it was more of a grope!

Comment

Good for you guys.
                      Pleased to hear your checking. x

Comment

Do check but do not worry if you find a lump. I found one about 30 years ago and the waiting to see the doc seemed endless. He looked at it, got a second opinion, and said that it was just a fatty lump that would do no harm It is still tghere but much smaller and I really have to search to find it. So don't work.

Comment

Well done to you gents who check their testicles, big up to ya. But please also check your own breast tissue and the tissue up towards and under your arm pits. Men get breast cancer too x

Comment

There are many units including mobile units where women can pop in to have checks made for and signs of cancer by female staff but I know of no comparable ones for men staffed by males. WHY. I once had a pain in the testicles and felt a lump there. It was a Friday evening and amazingly I could go shopping to buy toys and luxuries but the whole NHS establishment was closed for a 3-day weekend. The waiting was terrible but when I got to the doctor he said that it was just a fatty lump that had got infected. It is still there 40+ years later but I never notice it now unless I search for it.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Sorry I'm not a guy gents, but I would like to say what a great thread for you guys, well done LB for setting these up and it will be and already is a very successful thread, good one.

And wishing you gents all the very best, and yes do check yourselves regularly, like us women have to with our breasts.

My dad was checked and diagnosed with prostate cancer some years back, it was very early detection and came through it. (although i no longer have my dad as he passed away in July of this year to pnemonia).

So checking is essential.

I know this is a guys thread, but the same time as my dad had this my mum and my youngest sister both had breast cancer, and I even though I am 42 years old I still have checks regularly, and this is a must.

CYNthesys blimey your son was very young, glad he have recovered well bless him.
                              I tell both my sons and hubby who is almost 16 and the other 22 to check regularly, we did have a bit of a scare not so long back with my youngest but all okay.
                              Great thread and hope you didn't mind me posting.
                              Coming from the male species, I'm not sorry, you are not a 'guy' Di
                              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X