• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hospital Treatment (lack of) Complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital Treatment (lack of) Complaint

My 3yr old son fell on a trampoline and twisted his leg funny.
    He was in tears and was in a lot of pain
    He is never like this so we knew something was wrong.
    His knee was swollen and he couldnt move it and said he had pain in his knee and shin.

Off we go to Casualty , sunday teatime.
    We see a nurse, then a doctor
    We have X Rays taken and then see the Doctor again
    He shows us the Xrays and tells us that nothing is broken and to give pain killers for a couple of days.
    So we go home.

Middle of following week, lad still in pain every now and then so we get a telephone consultation with our GP. He diagonosed as ligamant damage and to carry on with painkillers and get lad to try and rest
    (a 3yr old resting...NO CHANCE)

Anyway, though about complaining to hospital, but thought lad would be better soon so didnt follow it up.

2 weeks later, Lad still having pain every so often
    Visit to GP who checks his leg and movement and tells us he has severe ligament damage and it take at least 8 weeks to get better.
    He has prescribed more painkillers.

My point is that due to the initial verdict from the hospital we let him carry on as normal, where in fact by doing this he could make the injury worse.

Having damaged ligaments myself, i know it is a painfull experience and rest helps.

Anyway I have emailed 'PALS' and got a contact number to speak to someone there who can find the records notes of the visit and initiate the complaint.

I will post with updates as i go along.

Re: Hospital Treatment (lack of) Complaint

At present I havent made an official complaint, but
    Last wednesday got an appointment to go the hospital.
    This was out of the blue and wasn't expected.

So afternoon off work and I take my son to A&E agin for a 2.15 appointment

At 3.30pm we see the Consultant.

He explains that he has looked at my sons xray in detail and there is a line which could be a fracture. He showed me on the xray and its clear.
    He then checked my sons leg and confirmed it wasnt fracutred though as my sons knee would be very swolen and he woudl still be in pain.

Anyway he agreed with my GP that it was bruised ligaments.

So now I will be making an official complaint, with the additional proof that a consultant wanted to see us to double check, which in my eyes tells me that he
    wasnt happy with the Doctors original diagnosis.

PK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X