• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pablo v Lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pablo v Lloyds

Posted on behalf of Pablo Escobar:

Firstly I would like to say thanks for giving me this opportunity to get advice that is hard to find.

My brother has a credit card and well to cut a long story short, did not recieve his new pin or card, a massive debt was accumulated.

He has disputed these charges several time but the compant is adamant that my brother is responsible for the final bill and therefore have sent him a final bill, they have used a sort of scare tactic on him.

Please can you give me answers to where he stands.
    Lloyds TSB is the card I am refering to.

Thanks

Pablo

Re: Pablo v Lloyds

Did your brother report to Lloyds the fact that he hadn't received his credit card and/or pin number?

Did he recieve statements for the card?

Comment

yes he did report it to lloyd and he did recieve the statements but he did contact them as soon as he could.

Comment

Originally posted by pablo escobar View Post
        yes he did report it to lloyd and he did recieve the statements but he did contact them as soon as he could.
        A Warm Welcome to the forum pablo.

Comment

so what is my brothers next move?

Comment

Have you written to Lloyds protesting your brother's innocence and asking them why they think he should be liable for this debt when he reported the card as not received?

What was the card used to purchase and where?

Comment

yes he has written to lloyds protesting, also they only give the same answer, as you recieved the card and pin, which he didnt then you are liable.
              plus I'm sure they have done no such investigation in this matter,eg CCTV footage and such.
              As far as I know the card was used in superstores ASDA and TESCO.

Comment

I would say you need to put the account into dispute, write a detailed letter stating your complaint.

You said he recieved statements, can he prove that he was at another location when the card was in use?

Has he reported the theft to the police? that would have been my first port of call after cancelling the card....

Is the card now cancelled? When was the card supposedly delivered and how soon after did he contact lloyds saying he had not recieved it? Can lloyds confirm which address they sent the card to? Does he live in a sharded household?

Sorry lots of questions but it is easier to help if you provide more information.
                Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

Presumbably, then he will have a reference number or the name of the person he spoke to when he first reported the card as not received.

He should write again to Lloyds with all these details together with the dates and times he telephoned them, which presumably he did and Lloyds would have stopped the card.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

The card was reported but was a little too late as the transactions had been made already.But i cannot say when they were made,but will ask my brother regarding this

The company has given little evidence to support their decision and will not budge, have been to see solicitor and was advised that without any proof on their side, the whole action is not legal.

I maybe need a template letter that I can give to send out to Lloyds.Is there such a thing?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pablo escobar View Post
                      I maybe need a template letter that I can give to send out to Lloyds.Is there such a thing?

Thanks
                      Erm no, there isn't. You'll have to write one and I can check it for you if you like.

Comment

This the letter I have written for my brother, please check it for me and see if ive made any errors.Thanks

I have decided to write to you about the above matter and hope you can resolve this issue for me as it has been quite stressful. I have already spoken to someone from your company on numerous occasions.

Firstly I would like to say that I had never received the card in question and nor did I receive the pin number. Therefore I cannot be held liable for the transactions and the accumulations of the monies owed on the bill. I would understand if I had made the purchases in said bill, but the fact still remains that i have not. I have been to see my solicitor and have been advised to ask you to check CCTV footage of the incidents. Also the law does state that you as a bank cannot ask me for any amount of money if there is an ongoing investigation.

I would also like to say that I have been at points from some of the staff been treated like a common thief, there was no need for the way I had been subjected like that. In no way would my family use anything without asking first, and do not appreciate you blaming my family or myself for that matter. And as there has been no proper investigation and a decision was made within a couple of weeks I am appealing against the decision that has been made by Lloyds TSB CREDIT CARD.

In light of the information I have given, can you please resolve this matter in my favour and make the necessary amendments to the amount due. In the meantime i will be seeking legal advice and will take the matter further if necessary.

Comment

You need a lot more detail.

For example:-

1. The date the card was taken out.
                          2. The date you contacted the bank to inform them it had not been received.
                          3. If you telephoned, name the person you spoke to.
                          4. Name the people you have received letters from and the date received.
                          5. How many times have you informed the bank that this debt is not yours.

The more detail you can put in this letter, the better.

Comment

Do Lloyds sent out their cards or PIN numbers by recorded delivery or registered post, I know many years ago when I got my Barclaycard it came by registered post ? if so I wonder who signed for it.

Just a thought and might be worth looking into.

Comment

My lloyds card came in regular post.
                              Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                              Me VS Abbey Win
                              BIL HSBC Credit Card
                              BIL EGG
                              BIL HSBC Loan
                              BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X