• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card

N1. Can you point me in the right direction for POC or shall I do it then post up on here for soemone to check. Did you get my emails yesterday?
    Is no longer here

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=1862

Think thats it Wendy, have replied to your pm

Comment

Cheers mate
        Is no longer here

Comment

Have now got N1 ready, POC's nicked from here and OTR. Have made it clear that its a credit card account, also on address have put Natwest Cards Services on the top line, just so there's no chance of it being stayed as a bank account. Just need to get Tony to sign and then its off to court on Friday.
          When they pay up it will clear his balance and leave us about a tenner, but at least that'll be another one out of the way.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
            H...also on address have put Natwest Cards Services on the top line, just so there's no chance of it being stayed as a bank account.
            I wouldn't be so sure of it not being stayed.

Comment

Hope not! Put my Capital One claim in at the same court and that didn't get stayed. Are Natwest up to no good withh CC claims then?
              Is no longer here

Comment

I would think it's more dependent on which clerk deals with it - mine got stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                  I would think it's more dependent on which clerk deals with it - mine got stayed.
                  I hope you have done something about it? you can appeal it, credit cards are most definetly different and do not come under the terms of the test case

Comment

I think I might ring the lovely bloke in Issues who sorted me out last time and ask him to look out for it...... I've also put "Credit Card Account", not just "Account" on the first page of the N1 where is says moneyclaim for the return of penalty charges blah blah
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
                      I hope you have done something about it? you can appeal it, credit cards are most definetly different and do not come under the terms of the test case
                      Yes I have done something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                        Yes I have done something about it.
                        cool bananas

Comment

OH finally signed in all the relevant places so hopefully will get to Court to file today. Court is miles away from work so will have to be nice to boss to get extended lunchbreak!
                          Is no longer here

Comment

N1 now filed at Court, gald I waited till today, fee has gone down to £65 so saved a few quid. Just have to wait now..
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Deemed served on 12th. Now for the waiting game......
                              Is no longer here

Comment

What a bunch of gits they are. Got home last night to find a letter from Cobblers solicitors, with a copy of a letter they'd sent to Court requesting a stay, using the OFT case as an excuse. Do I have to wait to see if the stay is granted or can I send a letter requesting that it not be granted? I was thinking of sending this

I would be grateful if this letter and its attachments could be put before a District Judge as soon as possible.

I have today received the attached letter from Cobbetts LLP, acting for National Westminster Bank plc. In which they respect a stay be granted in the above case.

I note that the request is for my claim to be stayed pending the ultimate determination of Commercial Court Litigation, brought by the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Services Authority, relating to the matter of the application of the law in respect of unauthorised overdraft charges on current bank accounts .

The test case quoted in Cobbetts letter (to be held between the OFT and the banks) which is proposed to be heard between January and February 2008 in the
                                Commercial Court, will not raise any issues relating to my particular claim.

I wish to make the court aware that my claim does not relate in any way to unauthorised charges on a current bank account. It is a claim for the return of disproportionate charges levied for defaults on a credit card.

The OFT has previously investigated the level of charges levied in respect of credit cards (April 2006) and in view of this report, credit card claims are not proposed for inclusion in the forthcoming OFT test case.

Following this report, default charges have been broadly reduced to around £12. However, I still believe these charges to be punitive in nature and not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the credit card company. I believe they exceed any alleged actual loss in respect of any breaches of contract on my part and are not intended to represent or relate to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the credit card companies which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

In order to amount to lawful liquidated damages it has to be shown that the charges applied represent a genuine pre-estimate of losses (per Lord Dunedin Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor Co Ltd [1915] AC 79).

I therefore respectfully request that the requested stay on my claim number xxxxxxx is not granted and my case allowed to proceed without delay or reference to the pending test case .

I thank the court for its time and consideration in reviewing this matter and hope this clarifies the particulars of my claim.

Help Please !!
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X