• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

An Odd feeling.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Odd feeling.

This seems an odd thing to post and I do not do it without a deep sense of thought. I wanted to post things earlier but did not have the words. I nearly quit the whole charges campaign recently because I got tired of the constant things that seem to go on and the lack of actual help I could give.(consequence of OFT case----GRRRRRRRR!!) If it was not for the friendship i had built up over these last few months I would have gone back in obscurity. It is an odd feeling.
    I need to say that another thing struck me this week, I can empathise with a lot of people BUT i will never know the pound to pound struggle from month to month that people go through. You see I am a bank worker, and my mistakes were made for me by others. Maybe it will change one day but, you see, I am the enemy, like it or hate it. If you query a charge with me, i will tell you what it is, but my indoctrination will come through and say No Bank Error No Refund. I am the enemy at the end of the day. I have not lived the struggle from day to day, month to month, and year to year. I cannot tell you what has brought this post about. I am not down, not on a rant, have nothing to do with over the road, and I am not too bored. Anyway, Friday Friday and Friday.

Re: An Odd feeling.

Just a short reply nattie, I know you are the enemy(but I don't think you are) if that makes sense.
    I work in a Bookies, we have a gam care system, which is supposed to be in place to protect vunerable punters. We have courses that inform us of how these things are to be put in place. In other words we are supposed to detect, inform and advise punters about their gambling habits, if we suspect they are goin OTT. On the other hand we are praised, rewarded and congratulated on selling the said same punters our products, I do know where you are coming from and I do understand what you are saying Enaid x

Comment

Nattie, I don't see you or any other bank worker as the enemy, you have a job to do and you have to follow the orders that those above you dictate. If you didn't do this then you wouldn't be in work.

I have worked in retail in customer facing roles (including cust service) and I know that that person is the first in line for attacks by the customer, there have been times when I have been (secretly) on the side of the customer, but have had to follow company procedure. So I know how tied you are.

Don't fret hun, you are among friends here

Comment

You? the enemy? Never in a million years!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X