• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

When to contact FOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to contact FOS

Hi

As many of you know, I have stacks of credit cards, one now resulting in a Statutory Demand being served on me in January, set aside hearing to be held on 20th April.

Question is, should I complain to the FOS about this and the other DCA/credit cards etc?

I've just had a very confusing phone call with a woman from FOS - I do not want to muddy any waters for myself even more by complaining. Perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick - I thought FOS was there to complain to if a financial institution, DCA etc mucks up?

Wot d'yer all fink please?

Many thanks

Re: When to contact FOS

Yes, but you must of received the OC's Final Response before you can launch an official compliant.
    our complaints procedure and how to complain

Comment

FOS is their to adjudicate on complaints which have already been given a final response by the Financial institution you are having problems with.

The simply look at both sides and decide if they agree or disagree with the companies final decision then ask the company to make things right if they disagree.

Are you complaining to FOS about the use of Stat Demands? or the general behaviour of DCA's ? That wouldnt tend to be their area as that would fall under the OFT remit, although they cannot investigate individual complaints they can act if there are serious concerns over a companies behaviour.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In the case of my MBNA one, yes the use of Stat Demand.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X