• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice wanted

Hi I'm looking for some friendly advice.
    I have an outstanding claim for bank charges against Lloyds, going back a few years just before the first test case.
    Last year they said 'From what you've said in your letter, or from initial invewstigations we have carried out, it may be that you are experiencing financial difficuklties.'
    Then they said they would pass on a copy to their Customer Support Unit and they'd be in touch within a week. - shock horror - never happened.

Since then I have now returned to full time education, and currently have a refinance loan with LlyodsTSB and a credit card over it's limit with capital one.

I do get a bursary from the college but that finishes in June and I won't be able to get a student loan untill after the summer. That leaves me with the pittence of a wage from my part time job, it's with a major highstreet camera retailer which today announced the fantastic money saving scheme of making the positions of it's top branch managers redundant, to follow up this years store closures - I think they were inspired by the success of last years store closures and redundancies of ALL assisstant managers. So job security looks good.

I live in Scotland, so I don't think the House of Lords really has a say up north, and after finally gettin down to my last 1,000 of debt, the charges came flying thick and fast, I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel but my debtors have drowned me once more.

Anyone got any advice?

Re: Advice wanted

Hiya welcome to LB xx

I dont know much about Scottish law but I seem to rememeber that claiming is different to England.

Could you fill out an income and expenditure form (leave off the personal details) and post it up for us?

How much have you got in charges? Have you filled out a speadsheet of them?

Will go see if I can find someone who is better versed in Scottish procedures for you x
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Thanks Mochamoo, facing up to my outgoings just showed me how easily I miss payments, thats the budget I try stick too and fail at each month. That leaves £26.50 a month for unexpected expendature, no wonder I'm struggling.
      How do I upload the file? or do you want me just to post the information, and how do I thank people for there great posts?

Comment

Click reply to post... scroll down abit and you will see an attach file button..after that I have no idea I operate on a wish and a prayer with technology lol

Attach Files Valid file extensions: doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip

Manage Attachments

Or you can click on the link I somehow managed to add lol

Doing IE's is a little scary but it does open your eyes to your finances.

My Hardship Claim
        Me VS Abbey Win
        BIL HSBC Credit Card
        BIL EGG
        BIL HSBC Loan
        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Silly me, I used quick reply instead of advanced, duh, makes sense now.

Comment

Have a read of this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=15761

and also this: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=10449

Do you meet any of the hardship guidlines from FSA? (in the first link)? At the moment looks likes things are very tight from your I&E.

Have you written to Lloyds claiming hardship?

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

• evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;

• and evidence of the following
              • items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;

• failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

• regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

those points apply to me, and no, I only found out about the hardship waiver today.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              I just realised, the only costs for college I figured in that was travel and lunch, Im a photography student - thats not cheap.
              Last edited by LowIncomeStudent; 19th March 2009, 23:17:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok you need to start by writing to lloyds at this point I would avoid phone calls as they are never very helpfull.

You need to gather evidence of hardship, so the income and expenditure sheet you just did, a list of all your charges, on the forum somewhere there is a spreadsheet you can do for charges but I can't remember where it is and include anything else that shows you are struggling.

As you dont have arrears they may argue that you are not in hardship and that things are just bit tight. So I know it sounds tough but I wouldn't hold your breath.

In one on the links from my other post (top one I think) there are links to examples of hardship letters.

Post up your letter before you send it and we can go through it and see if it needs any tweaks.

xx

My Hardship Claim
                Me VS Abbey Win
                BIL HSBC Credit Card
                BIL EGG
                BIL HSBC Loan
                BIL PPI Win

Comment

oh, I've got arrears. I just quickly knocked thar spreadsheet out to give you a rough idea, some of those expenses should probably be reclassified under diffirent headings, as I do spend money on birthdays and I labelled internet under phone. Im £200 in arrears on my loan and over my credit card limit. I'll do a more accurate spreadsheet tomorrow once I've got more accurate figures. Cheers

Comment

opps sorry must have missed them on your IE...will go over again in the morning with fresh eyes x

Sleep well x

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi and welcome to legal beagles! you will get all the help you need here , just listen to the advice they give and they will guide you through it. good luck.
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X