• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

***SUCCESS*** Suexbee v HSBC Hardship case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***SUCCESS*** Suexbee v HSBC Hardship case

Hi everyone!
    I had my court case stayed, and recently decided that I qualified to get it moving again under hardship grounds.

I've spoken to HSBC and they have proven hardship, and offered me £200 over the phone towards my mortgage arrears, reviewed again in a month.

My mortgage arrears are £1170, and my total charges per her print off are £6k! (hate HSBC!!!).

Didn't think £200 sounded right, so came on the net searching for clues.

Anyone got any suggestions???

Sue:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Re: Suexbee v HSBC Hardship case

Hi and welcome to legal beagles ,That really isnt a good enough offer,I mean its not going to go far , but someone far more experienced than me will be along to help. I am persuing a hardship claim at the moment myself and I wouldnt have got far but for the help the people on here give they are the best. listen to the advice they give, they will guide you through it just as they are me and many others.

Good luck to you .
    'Be Traist'

Comment

I would write back and say thanks for the offer, i accept as an interim measure but it really isnt going to help a great deal - do you have letters showing your mortgage arrears which you have sent to them, and your income expenditure sheets ? that is good they will review in a month though, could be the £200 is whats needed to stop any further action being taken on the mortgage arrears for the moment...it really depends on the rest of your circumstances.
      Have they offered any other assistance?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi All!
        Thanks for replies.
        I have spoken again to them today and the lady that I have been dealing with (Rosie) is lovely! She has taken time to ring me back and she has explained that it is the income and expenses deficit that they refund.

Because I had a plan in place with my mortgage,to repay arrears at an extra £25 p/month on top of payment, that meant that my deficit on my income and expenses was £175. So, I suggested to her that I would go back to the mortgage company and offer to clear arrears over 3 months.This would mean my income and expenses deficit would be larger and thus they would repay more charges etc. So, Rosie said "yes, do that".

Today I have done that and I got to speak to her again this afternoon. Given her my figures and fax number, and she said she will be phoning me with an offer tomorrow. (What it will be remains to be seen!).

So far so good. Will post tomorrow with progress report!

Sue x:beagle:

Comment

Soooooo, HBSC have said to increase your monthly repayment of mortgage arrears to an amount which you can't actually afford increasing your deficit on your income/expenditure in order that they can repay you the deficit in your IE each month ?

and they'll review it each month, give you the deficit in your income until your charges claim is paid up ?

Dangerous game they are playing if I have understood correctly, hopefully though I am just tired and a bit divvy.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Could you suggest to HSBC that they just pay the arrears off thus giving you more income and easing your situation?
            Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Ring the 'lovely' lady again and tell her how much they owe you AGAIN and how much your arrears are AGAIN, then fax if you can the mortgage arrears and your charges and call again and explain that they need to look again at your case. Impress on them how much this is affecting you, explain that because you owe these arrears, which they could repay as an interim payment you cannot see yourself doing anything else other than getting into more debt, all as a result of their charges.

Then ring them again the next day, and the next, and the next. x

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Soooooo, HBSC have said to increase your monthly repayment of mortgage arrears to an amount which you can't actually afford increasing your deficit on your income/expenditure in order that they can repay you the deficit in your IE each month ?

and they'll review it each month, give you the deficit in your income until your charges claim is paid up ?

Dangerous game they are playing if I have understood correctly, hopefully though I am just tired and a bit divvy.
                Yes this is exactly the situation! The idea was mine not hers, because in my situation, our income could increase next month, and then I would only have got them to clear a fraction of the mortgage arrears, whereas if I up the repayment now, my deficit increases and they pay off more.
                I know, they should just refund the charges, but I think they are just working to guidelines they have been given for now.
                Any refund is worth having at the moment, I will go after the rest later
                Sue x
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                Could you suggest to HSBC that they just pay the arrears off thus giving you more income and easing your situation?
                For some reason, they want to spread it over 3 months, with a review each month.
                I am assuming that they are hoping our income will increase and they won't have to pay or something like that!

It's all very complicated! Not just a "here's some charges back - sorry ole bean!" Oh no, we have to fill in statements and divulge inner leg measurements etc (Was that just me??? lol).

Anyway, hopefully get to the bottom of things tomorrow:beagle:
                Sue x
                Last edited by suexbee; 19th March 2009, 23:11:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I just think you should be very careful promising the mortgage company extra payments that you might not be able to meet if HSBC start playing games.

Is any of this in writing?

Comment

Originally posted by suexbee View Post

For some reason, they want to spread it over 3 months, with a review each month.
                    Pfttt! Tell em to do one (lol actually don't they may not be so nice lol)

I think your nice lady is a very well trained negotiater and is playing hardball with a smile on her face.

I would communicate in writting and tell them you accept the payment as interim but if they paid a lump sump sum you could pay off your mortage arrears and your financial hardship would be significantly eased. Increasing your mortage payments and them paying monthly is not really going to ease your situation.

But on the positive side at least they are talking about giving you money
                    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi Amy,
                      Nothing in writing yet. In the phone call today, she said that she would ring with an offer tomorrow, and if ok it will be offered in writing. I have informed mortgage company of what HSBC are talking about and said that I don't want to promise them and then it not get paid by HSBC and they have left my arrangement with them as it is for now at just £25 extra over normal payment.
                      So far, no proof needed of anything at HSBC!

Sue x
                      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                      Pfttt! Tell em to do one (lol actually don't they may not be so nice lol)

I think your nice lady is a very well trained negotiater and is playing hardball with a smile on her face.

I would communicate in writting and tell them you accept the payment as interim but if they paid a lump sump sum you could pay off your mortage arrears and your financial hardship would be significantly eased. Increasing your mortage payments and them paying monthly is not really going to ease your situation.

But on the positive side at least they are talking about giving you money

This is what I'm thinking! I'd rather they pay me something over three months than nothing at all! And my mortgage company are not shouting either, so if everyone is chilled and it takes three months to get sorted, that's fine by me.

Obviously if mortgage company were getting snotty, I would be cranking it up a notch! But they're not. Although they will be when I start my next campaign (unfair mortgage charges! lol ).

Sue x
                      Last edited by suexbee; 19th March 2009, 23:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

In that case, fingers crossed they come back with an offer and stick to review/payment over next couple months too. Interesting that HSBC want to do it this way...when they do make payments pop them in your spreadsheet as refunds on the date you get them, so its all organised for the end of the case. Look forward to hearing their offer in next couple days Be nice if they had turnabout and just paid mortgage arrears off in full but like you say, over 3 months is better than none at all.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will have to wait and see what my nice lady comes up with tomorrow!
                          Keep you posted! Thanks for all help and advice from everyone.
                          Sue x

Comment

Originally posted by suexbee View Post
                            Yes this is exactly the situation! The idea was mine not hers, because in my situation, our income could increase next month,
                            I am assuming that they are hoping our income will increase and they won't have to pay or something like that!
                            Why "might" your income increase next month? They should be looking at your hardship on grounds as at now, not what it "might" be likely to be next month. What if it doesn't increase? What if its less? Thats my opinion anyway. If you were on a fixed wage every month they would have to do that. However, if you have already told them it might improve, then they are just using that as a means to avoid paying you more now. Trying to minimise their outgoings because of the credit crunch springs to mind.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                              Why "might" your income increase next month? They should be looking at your hardship on grounds as at now, not what it "might" be likely to be next month. What if it doesn't increase? What if its less? Thats my opinion anyway. If you were on a fixed wage every month they would have to do that. However, if you have already told them it might improve, then they are just using that as a means to avoid paying you more now. Trying to minimise their outgoings because of the credit crunch springs to mind.

I agree, just be careful you are dot digging a hole for yourself and filling it in behind you, I would be reluctant to commit to an increase in payments I may not be able to fufill further on. This Nice Lady is playing a close hand,
                              'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X