• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vanquis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis

I have received this letter today from Impact Collections Services on behalf of Vanquis. They are chasing me for a debt of over £500. They replied to my CCA request and admitted that they do not have a hard copy of my agreement and only forwarded me the terms and conditions.
    Even though I know that it may not be enforceable I would like to come to some of arrangement to sort this matter out quickly.

Should I write back to them and ask them to deduct all interest and charges and ppi to my account and then set up a payment plan so that I can start to pay off the balance,

Any ideas would be great, thanks

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...et/vanquis.jpg

Re: Vanquis

For a start you can start to claim back the charges and the PPI and put the debt into dispute.

Info for claiming these charges is here

Credit Card Letters
    PPI
    CC Debt Dispute Letter

PKea

Comment

Thanks PKea, for your advice. I will send this info off today and hopefully Vanquis will come to some sort of arrangement with me,

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by upndown View Post
        hopefully Vanquis will come to some sort of arrangement with me,
        YOU have the upper hand here, not them. Any arrangement will have to be on YOUR terms NOT theirs.

For the time being get started on the charges and PPI claims, once they are resolved THEN you can look into any payment arrangements with them, if at all.

That is a standard letter you have received and isn't even very high on a the 'threat-a-gram' scale

DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM VERBALLY - INSIST EVERYTHING IS IN WRITING.
        If they call just say 'For the avoidance of any doubt or misunderstanding, I require all communication to be in writing' and hang up.

If they persist after you have sent the Debt dispute letter we have a letter you can send to them.

PKea

Comment

Thanks again, very good advice.

I have written what you have advised and will be posting it today.

Thanks again

Comment

Have you got all your statements to work out how much they have charged you?
            if not you will need to send a SAR to them (link below) to ascertain these and ALL information they have on you, it will also with your PPI claim too,

PKea

Legal Beagles

Comment

I seem to remember someone OTR who sent off a request for a list of charges, next thing you know Vanquis had repaid them all, without even being asked officially! I remebre thinking at the time I wish we'd had a vanquis card - even easier than Capital One!
              Is no longer here

Comment

Well I suppose they have to mitigate their 50%+ APR some how..

Comment

Thanks guys for all the advice you have given, I have all the statements apart from one, even though there is not much ppi that has been charged on them. I have posted off the letter advised by PKea and will have to wait n see what they reply.

Vanquis have however been charging me penalties of £12 each month for late payment. They have charged me this amount 4 times.

Thanks again to all for helping me at a time in need :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by Paule View Post
                    For a start you can start to claim back the charges and the PPI and put the debt into dispute.

Info for claiming these charges is here

Credit Card Letters
                    PPI
                    CC Debt Dispute Letter

PKea
                    hi - I cant seem to open any of these letters - do you know why? thanks

Comment

They are quite old letters and have been removed from general use as all situations are treated differently now. Are you trying to reclaim excessive credit card charges ? If so, how much are the charges £12 or more ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X