• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Hi all,

Finally persuaded myself to start a PPI claim against the blighters above last Saturday.

I sent preliminary letter claiming back basically on the grounds that they wouldnt take no for an answer and "sold" the policy aggressively (I think it was about the 6th phone call to process the loan before I finally relented).

They've sent a response already, received today, which enclosed a complaints form formatted to deal with PPI claims (they must get so many ).

Should I complete the form and just send that back?, or do I wait 7 days to complete the 14 days given in the first letter then send both the completed form and the LBA?

I can post up the the 1st letter if it's of any use - might make it easier for any of you to give an opinion if you have all the information.

Also, tell me if there's anything else which you need to know about the policy.

Thanks in advance!

Bob (Back in the game!!!)

Re: BOBSCOUSE v Northern Rock/Pinnacle

Hi Bob xxxxx

Fill in the form and send it with the LBA now - no need to wait the 14 days I don't see any reason not to fill in the form.

Ame
    xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame,
      Hope you are well, been a long time!!!

Comment

I'm very well babe, good to see you about :kiss:
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all,

I'm almost guilty of dropping the ball on this one, but as long as I get my letter out on Monday I'll be close-ish to satisftying myself I'm on top of it!!!

At the moment, I have only stated the reason for claiming mis-sold PPI as being the persistence of the seller and that it was implied that my getting the loan could be affected. Is there anything in the policy which backs up my claim - I won't pretend to understand the PPI claiming side of things so any help and advice appreciated.

The policy is over the full duration of the loan (8 years).

The financial terms are set out as follows:-

Loan Amount - £7800, Total amount payable £9766.08, Monthly payment £101.73.
          Loan Protect Loan (PPI) - £3349.48, Total amount payable £4193.28, Monthly payment £43.68.
          Total Loans - £11149.48, Total amount payable £13959.36, Monthly payment £145.41.

There follows a statement "The rate of interest is 5.9%, fixed for the period of this agreement. The interest payable under the agreement will be debited to the account at the commencement of the agreement".

Thanks in advance for any help folks!

Comment

Sorry for the impatience folks - is there anything stand-out in the policy which proves blatant mis-selling or do I just go for the aggressive sales pitch?

Comment

Don't worry about the impatience, needs must. If ever anyone needs a post looking at urgently or it has been unanswered for some time please don't be afraid to click the report post button at the top right of your post. This will immediately flag it up in the Team area if it has been overlooked, that button isn't just for reporting posts you feel are inappropriate.

You ask if there is anything "stand out" in the policy, do you have a scan of the policy details you could post up?

Other than pre-existing medical conditions, loan not suitable for your circumstances, self employed, already had savings to cover if you were out of work etc etc I would go with the reasons of aggressive sales and threat of loan acceptance being affected. I must stress however, use this only if you are willing / comfortable enough to provide a persuasive / verifiable case to the Judge should it ever reach Court. Should it come down to a day in Court it will be the Judge you have to persuade your case has merits.

Do you have any evidence that pressured sales was in force from other cases etc, did you normally not take out PPI on other loans but clearly only did on this one? Things like that prepared in advance should help your submissions if needed.
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks Tools, I will put up a scan later if I can. I did have two previous loans with the same company as it happens - I didn't take PPI with either of them for the same reasons as I refused it this time around.

Been in the same company since I left school (18 years) and we're doing well so pretty secure, or about as secure as you could be in current climates!!

Comment

Hi Bob,
                  Maybe check the T&C's regarding the length of the policy usually they only go as far as 5 yrs, your loan is for 8 yrs so maybe the PPI would have to either be renewed or become invalid for the last 3 yrs of the loan.

Comment

Excellent point Nelly, one I have never thought about before.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

This policy does last for the full length of the loan, so nothing doing there. I did send the LBA this week though, so it's sit and wait now to see if they'll treat me nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSCOUSE View Post
                        I sent preliminary letter claiming back basically on the grounds that they wouldnt take no for an answer and "sold" the policy aggressively (I think it was about the 6th phone call to process the loan before I finally relented).
                        Have you sent DPA/SAR ??.

This is very important especially in your case. You need to ask for a hard copy of ALL phone calls.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your post Rambo, and all others who have contributed so far.

I haven't sent in SAR/DPA request, was thinking that I might get lucky for once and that they would pay out (happily deluded plonker that I am :tinysmile_aha_t: ). As it happens, they should have responded to LBA by today, will give them until Monday to respond and then it's onto the next course of action.................

..........which is??!!!!!!!

All answers gladly welcomed. Not sure whether its FOS or straight to court on these - or should I go with the DPA/SAR request before commencing any action.??

Comment

For a start you can't give em what for if they haven't replied by Monday, cause it be Easter weekend lol
                            I would wait for the more experienced on here to advise you which way to go. I will say if you go FOS route and get no joy you can still take it to court. If you go to court first then the FOS won't deal with it at all.

Comment

LOL - Oooooooops - Tuesday then......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X