• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**!!! SUCCESS !!!! ** Arunadasi vs Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arunadasi vs Natwest **Claim Approved**

I hope everything is ok for you, it's yet another case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing. No wonder the Banks and other businesses are doing so badly.
    Enaid x

Comment

It beggars belief doesn't it, and even worse We are paying wages to these people who are getting it wrong.

Comment

OK, they just called back. It's OK.
        Since my actual claim is longer than six years (I had put in a claim earlier, just before the stay) they have to do a revaluation so it will take a bit longer. So the letter I got in Saturday is void.
        Breathes deeply again!

Comment

Originally posted by arunadasi View Post
          The Plot Thickens...

Eagerly awaiting an offer, I ripped open not one but TWO letters from Natwest on Saturday. After a few preliminaries, they both said that my claim had been DENIED.
          You can imagine how I felt! I couldn't understand it.

I did a bit of research, and found that the number I had called was not the same number on my letter, which was from an address in Edinburgh, Redheughs Avenue, and signed by a
          L ynn Kirkland. I had actually been sending duplicate letters to both that address and another one in Edinburgh, which had been posted by Nattie on MSE, just to be on the safe side. The "good" telephone number was linked to Nattie's address.

So that was the number I called first thing on Monday (today). I spoke to a man who seemed to believe that the claim had been approved (he said something about "amount of refund", and he promised to email somebody, and said the "somebody" would call me back.

Well, she did. It was the same very nice lady I spoke to on Thursday. She said she had "fired off" an email to Edinburgh asking why they had send me a decline letter since the had very clearly approved. She said the claims were colour-coded and mine had the correct colour code, which is pink, and so there was no reason for the decline.

She said they'd call back later.
          Again, she was most helpful, nice and polite and it seems clear that her office is superior to the office that sent me the letter so all I can do now is wait! It seems to be all OK though.

That beggars belief doesnt it ! I am sure it will be okay for you though but it must have been gut wrenching to get those letters.
          'Be Traist'

Comment

Hi hun, I hope they get the correct letter with their offer to you soon, I know it's a pain but do try and ring them daily if you can, just to get them to progress it. Im still ringing daily asking each time 'I wonder if you could just update me' . Hopefully I wont have to wait too much longer now for my payment (I have just called for an update and they said it would be this week) x

Comment

OK, please excuse any typos, my daughter opened a bottle of Mother's dAY WINE!
              OK, today I actually went through the statement list from natwest adding up the charges and I was gobsmacked at what it amounts to. It also shows quite clearly the change in circumstance; one year I was getting over £50000 paid in in one go (but only once a year!) and then it gradually went dwon, odwn down.
              Anyway. I noticed that after the change every month they took a lump sum off which they called a referral charge: it would be "Referral charge" for May, Jue July, etc., and the amlount would be vetween £50 and £90. Whatin earth is that? Do I inlcuede them in my calculation? This happened even when my account was in credit.

Comment

referral fees are a yes

Comment

But what is it?

Comment

I suspect you might have had cheques paid to you, so it means an item paid which meant that the cleared funds went over an agreed or unagreed overdraft facility

Comment

I called this morning... first time in a week, so as to let things settle, and to see if anything came in the post. The number I called (the one posted here) told me that the case has gone to the business department and they'd pass it on for htem to call me back.
                      A few hours later, the same very nice lady who called me on two other occasions rang me to say that the offer went out on Friday. She even took a bit of a jab at the people I called first, saying that they "should have seen that and told me".

So... should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed it is an acceptable offer!
                      Last edited by arunadasi; 23rd March 2009, 13:33:PM.

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

pmsl whoops thats a bit big
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The bigger the better! Let's hope the offer is accordingly big, because if I get back most of what they owe me I could be completely debt free!

Comment

I didn't expect to get my letter till I got back from work today as our mail usually comes late, but before I left for work there it was in my letterbox!
                              I had to restrain myself not to rip it open in the street but to wait till I got on my bus.
                              The offer is VERY acceptable. I'll post more when it's on my account.
                              So if I can get away it's off to the PO with my reply, next day delivery as SM recommended!
                              Thank you all so much for all th ehelp an dencouragement and support you;ve given me. This wil make all the difference, and the first thing I will do is pay off my overdraft, close my account and get a new account somewhere else. I just want to start completely afresh somewhere else.
                              I still can't believe it...

Comment

FABULOUS - can't wait to see how much you got

Congratulations, did you whooop on the bus xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X