• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marnie Pearce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marnie Pearce

This is a story close to my heart, Gobby has also been following progression of Marnies case. Thought I would share it with you all, its all long story but please bear with me and read it through.

Save Marnies Babies

Marnies Story

Teaching assistant Marnie Pearce has now been jailed and faces never seeing her two young children again. Marnie, 40, originally from Bracknell , Berks, insists she never cheated on her ex-husband Ihab El-Labban and has been framed so he could win custody of their two sons Laith, seven and Ziad, four.
    Once she has served her three-month jail term Marnie is set to be deported back to the UK without her children.Marnie took the heart-breaking decision to hand herself in at a Dubai police station on Thursday because she felt it was unfair on her children to live in hiding.
    Speaking hours before being locked up Marnie said: 'Handing myself in is the hardest thing I have ever done, but for the sake of the children I have no choice. 'I have been waiting for three weeks in the belief that I may have been granted bail or the charges dropped. 'I still do not know, but for the sake of my babies we must move on. 'I don't regret hiding away with them, to spend as much time as I can with them as I may never see them again. 'We have snuggled and cuddled and played and laughed. 'They have cried rivers and they will continue too. I have told them mummy must go to prison because if I don't eventually the police will come and look for us. 'I can't even begin to put into words the feelings of desperation, loss, fear and numbness that I feel.'
    Before arriving at the police station Marnie handed over the children to her ex-husband. A friend said: 'It was an incredibly emotional day. Marnie was devastated but she felt she had nochoice.' Officers took Marnie to Dubai Central Prison - home to 5,000 inmates. Marnie won't be allowed visitors for a week and friends say she was suicidal as she was led off to jail.
    Human rights campaign group Amnesty International are now demanding Marnie is freed. Steve Ballinger, of Amnesty, said: 'Marnie Pearce is a prisoner of conscience and should be released immediately..' Her family and friends are also calling on the British Government to step in and help.
    Marnie met ex husband El-Labban 16 years ago after moving to Oman . They moved to Dubai shortly after but the marriage broke down last year. After El-Labban accused Marnie of an affair police officers stormed her apartment in March moments after she arrived home with a male friend.
    The pair were arrested and four months later El-Labban handed over five used condoms, men's underpants and a man's jacket to police. Prosecutors demanded a DNA sample from Marnie and ruled there was a match. But they made no attempt to contact the man allegedly involved. Marnie claims her ex-husband planted the evidence to frame her but she lost an appeal in January to have the conviction over-turned.
    RECENT NEWS. February 19th 2009
    Marnie Pearce Statement

Today will have been the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. I have no choice but to hand myself into the police. I have been waiting for three weeks in the belief that I may have been granted Bail. I still do not know, but for the sake of my babies we must move on. We have nowhere else to go and my little men 'need' some normality in there lives, for them school was everything and I made the decision to withdraw them in order for us to spend our last days together. The boys were extremely distraught after the 'car chase' incident in which I had four babies and another adult with me, through the streets of Jumeirah. What he did and what he has done with regards to these physical attacks in the past 11 months have deeply scared them both. God willing Ziad will not remember such things, but the pain of losing me will be there.

Laith, however, has and will continue to store such memories in his mind. He loves his father but his fear of me being taken from him has given him a fear of his father. This is terrible because Laith loves him so much, and Ihab has damaged him by trying to take him from me in such terrible circumstances. I have written at great lengths in the past 11 months and I hope that one day, my boys become beautiful young men and have the courage to stand in front of their father and ask just one thing "why did you take our mum from us?". They will read what has happened in such detail. I don't regret hiding away with them for the last few weeks, to spend as much time as humanly possible with them, before facing upto the fact of never seeing them for a very,very long time., During this time, we have snuggled and cuddled and played and laughed, we laughed a lot. Laith says I'm the funniest mum in the world, how cool is that? We also talked, I have all along been very honest with Laith and Ziad from the onset. Ihab had told me sometime back that 'if' I went to prison he would tell them I was 'away' on holiday.............that was when I made a promise to myself and to them that I would be completely and utterly honest about each and every action. The possibilities - good or bad.

I told them a week ago that I would be forced to hand them over to Daddy, and that I have no choice. They have cried rivers and they will continue too. I have told them that Mummy must go to prison because if I don't eventually the police will come and look for us and that wouldn't be nice for them. I have told them as I do always and have done ever since day one that 'Daddy loves them', that 'Daddy adores them', I have no doubt in my mind of this. It is one of the only consolations that I have in my heart is that they will be 'safe' with him. I have all along from day one and from before, said that Ihab can be a good Dad, But the love is not the same between them. And the boys love for him has proven this fact.
    The other consolation being that they are extremely close to me and that I have been the best mother that I could possibly have been, I may not be perfect but I have given them everything that god says you should give to your babies. They are my life and I would die for them, I really have battled and fought so hard and only god knows what lays ahead.

I cannot even begin to put into words the feelings of desperation, loss, fear and numbness that I feel. It really is like something has been driven through my chest, I have the most horrendous worries that only a mum could ever have, who will wipe their tears when they fall? who will pick them up when they are down? who will ask them what they did at the end of every school day? who will read with them and teach right from wrong? who will make sure they flush the toilet? who will cheer them on at sports day? How does he/she know what they eat, what they like, what they don't like? who will do their homework with them and make sure they are warm, and that they are never alone? who will be the first person they see when they wake and the last person when they sleep, who will they talk to about there first girlfriends? who will they share there dreams with? who will go to Laith's school and sit with him in his Dyslexia class? who will know the P.E days of each one, who will know when their library books need changing, who will make sure they have there swimming things on the right day, who will wipe there tears when another child is horrible to them, who will arrange their play dates, who will teach them 'proper' English at home? who will sew the hems of his shorts when there too long, who will even notice? Who will answer the million 'why' questions that they ask me everyday? who will tell them about nanny, granddad and uncles and aunts in my family? THE MAID.....

MY CHILDREN HAVE NEVER, EVER, LEFT THE HOUSE WITH A MAID EVER IN THEIR LIVES. I HAD A MAID LIKE MOST WOMEN HERE, BUT UNLIKE A LOT OF MAIDS MINE HAD ONE JOB AND ONE JOB ONLY. CLEAN, CLEAN AND MORE CLEANING. MY MAID DID NOT EVEN WALK OUR DOG. WHEN MY MAID ARRIVED SHE HAD LIED TO US AND SAID SHE HAD NO CHILDREN, TWO DAYS LATER SHE ADMITTED IT. SHE LEFT HERS BEHIND.

ANSWER. A man that travels the minimum of 12 days a month, with a global position at work. But then maybe he will marry Tonya (The woman he has an affair with, whilst married to me) , and bring her here and try to replace me. My children have met her, they know her. I do not care about this , because she is welcome to him– but I do care about being deported from the Emirates and not being able to see my children again.

The MAID
    A completely ILLITERATE housemaid that was brought from Indonesia and finished school at 9 years old. Cannot speak English, literally.. This maid has 'house sat' in my home, that I own half of and she has been paid to witness against me. Suddenly she will have two small boys to look after.…mmm, I wonder for how long? She is a thief, a liar and extremely unhygienic. She never owned a toothbrush when she arrived and had three abscesses in her mouth when she came. She stank and she never washed because she 'only' washed once per week in Indonesia and she is going to show my boys how to look after themselves?

When this is posted I will be detained already and have said goodbye to Laith and Ziad, and there for them there pain and confusion will really start. They will go back to 'their' bedrooms and 'their toys' and 'their home', the familiar surroundings of before. He will spoil them, give them what they want whatever the cost, but when they put their little heads down to sleep at night none of it, none of it will ever REPLACE me and I know that, but the pain I will feel knowing that I cant console them will forever be on me. Not to reach out and hold them, to wrap myself around them will be unbearable.

For Laith it has been so hard for him to shut down at night and he talks so much to me. It can take him hours to sleep, and when I go to bed and we have slept side by side for 11 months he tells me everything..............I have told Laith that because I wont be there with him, beside him that he can be sure of one thing, so, so sure and that is, that whilst he is thinking of me I will 'always, always' be thinking of him at the 'same' time.

Throughout this horrendous journey Laith and Ziad have proved to be such strong, courageous, kind and cheerful little men............who through my sheer determination to keep them have proved that 'mums love' is all that they needed to keep going. It has been hard and I just hope and pray that Ihab will find it in his heart to allow me to be with them and to let me bring them up. I will be in prison on Laiths birthday and deported before Ziad's 5th birthday – never to see them again according to Dubai courts.

To top it all off I am going to prison over forged documents that have been doctored to suit the prosecution and to Ihab’s ‘Alleged’ allegations about me. This has been analyzed and proven – No court in the civilized world would convict anyone on these falsified documents, which have been submitted to the court.
    I have appealed this to the court for March 2nd but I have no faith and no hope left, there is nothing on the face of this earth that could have justified the action of what Ihab has done, I carried the children for nine months and they are as much mine as they are his. After all – He was the one who had the affair that caused all of this.
    Please, Please I am begging Ihab to find a way out of here, so that we can BOTH have them. Since, I have been given custody of the children – I should legally have a say on them being brought up as well as Ihab. And if this sentence gets carried out with deportation – this will not be the case. As Laith always said, 'Daddy goes out to earn the money and mummy stays and looks after us' .................please let me bring them up.........................it’ s THEIR right.

The children are the most important here –
    Don't take it from them.
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: Marnie Pearce

One word..................TRAGIC

Comment

OMG I am at uni in library sobbing like a baby.....There is now a link to a video of her handing the children over to their father it is absolutely heartwrenching

Comment

Dubai 'adultery' mum's agony | The Sun |News

Please be aware that this is extremely upsetting if you have been following Marnies Journey...I have watched it 3 times and sobbed each time.

Comment

Oh Gobby :kiss: It is heartbreaking, and to top it off she is now in a horrible prison.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

There is now a dedicated site to help Marnie

Save Marnies Babies

Comment

I have made a donation. It is heartbreaking
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Mocha........marnie lost her appeal today and must serve the rest of her sentence. The custody case has been delayed but dont know for how long....Team Marnie are trying to get the deportation order revoked.....have allok at site for a proper update hun....:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

My step mum called me earlier and told me not good. More people need to email Sheikh Mo and Sheikh Nahyan they are essentially the best hope as only they can grant her a full Pardon.

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Mocha hunny, do you have an email address for these Sheikhs so we can email our outrage at this treatment. Watching that video has put me off Dubai for life and my heart is breaking for Marnie.
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

His Highness E-Mail

HH Sheikh Mo the Ruler of Dubai

and from Marnies web site they suggest....

Support

Support is everything to us now. Knowing that there are people who care and would like to help us, is a great source of comfort. Listed below are ways that you can show your support, the smallest gesture, means a great deal to us.
                      • Write to or email your MP or your countries equivalent
                      • Contact the British Embassy in Dubai consularenquiries.ad@fco.gov.uk
                      • Contact Amnesty International. Contact Details Please respect that they are already aware, and active, however your comments will be noted
                      • Contact H. H. The Ruler of Dubai
                        Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, the Ruler of Dubai and the UAE Minister of Defence. Contact Details Please remain polite in your communication, we are asking for his consideration and support.
                      • Write to Gordon Brown and ask him why the British Government have not offered enough assistance and support.
                      • Contact Human Rights Watch in London appeal to them for assistance Contact Details
                      • Contact every press agencies in every country
                      • Contact every media agency who will listen
                      • Contact every celebrity or personality who you believe will stand with us and be counted.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Gobby you are a one woman fundraising/awareness raising super hero!!!!

You are kick ass xxxxx Love ya

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

I have sent an email to as many people as possible. Ive edited this post as it included personal information
                          Last edited by strugglingmum; 20th March 2009, 23:14:PM.

Comment

I am useless at writing thing but you could send them this I think...or the bit in my first post titled Marnies story. They are currently fundraising to pay legal fees and get her out of jail.

http://itn.co.uk/news/36334677f258a486c9be2dcb51c4d967.html

Mother jailed in Dubai loses appeal

Updated 12.45 Mon Mar 16 2009
                            Keywords: adultery, Marnie Pearce, Dubai
                            A British mother who was jailed for adultery in Dubai has lost a second appeal, her supporters have said.
                            Marnie Pearce, originally from Bracknell in Berkshire, will remain in prison in the Arab emirate and faces being deported.
                            Human rights group Amnesty International has described her as a "prisoner of conscience" and is calling for her immediate release
                            The 40-year-old, who has always protested her innocence, was found guilty of adultery by a Dubai court in November after being accused of cheating on her Egyptian ex-husband.
                            On January 22 Dubai's appeal court upheld her conviction but cut her prison sentence from six to three months.
                            She was also ordered to pay a fine of 3,000 dirhams (£594) and told she will be deported.
                            Ms Pearce was forced to hand over her two children to her former husband last month and is now being held in the women's section of Dubai Central Jail in Al Awir.
                            She took her case to a higher court in Dubai, but her second appeal has been unsuccessful.
                            In a posting on her campaign website, her supporters said: "It is with great sadness that Team Marnie have to announce that the verdict will remain the same and Marnie will have to serve her time and, for now, be deported.
                            "We will continue to apply pressure to have the deportation order lifted, and thank everyone for their continued support."
                            Ms Pearce met her ex-husband in Oman and the couple married in the Seychelles in September 1999.
                            They had two children, Laith, seven, and Ziad, four, and moved to Dubai, but their marriage eventually broke down.
                            In March last year she was arrested and accused of committing adultery with a British man who she insists was only a friend.
                            Human rights group Amnesty International has described her as a "prisoner of conscience" and is calling for her immediate release.
                            © Independent Television News Limited 2009. All rights reserved.

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...re/8007030.stm

Dubai jail mother freedom march

Supporters of a British mother who was jailed for adultery in Dubai and lost custody of her two children, aged four and seven, are to hold a freedom march.
                              Marnie Pearce, 40, who is originally from Bracknell, Berkshire, faces deportation after completing her three-month sentence in April.
                              Ms Pearce says her ex-husband accused her of adultery to gain custody of their two children, a claim he denies.
                              On Thursday, protesters will walk to London's United Arab Emirates Embassy.
                              Petition handed in
                              Supporters are also calling for the deportation order to be lifted so she can remain in the Arab Emirates.
                              The St George's Day protest is expected to result in a petition signed by almost 4,500 people, being handed in at the embassy.
                              The petition calls for Ms Pearce's "unconditional release from Dubai Central Jail in Al-Awir, considering her to be a prisoner of conscience".
                              Earlier, her friend Sandy Norman told the BBC the boys had been placed with their father, Egyptian national Ihab El-Labban, and may not see their mother for many years.

Two appeals

Ms Pearce denies the adultery claims made by her ex-husband and has twice appealed against her conviction.
                              Her prison term was reduced from six months at her first appeal. She is expected to be freed at the end of April, Ms Norman said.
                              She first met Mr El-Labban in Oman and married him in the Seychelles in September 1999.
                              They moved to Dubai but the relationship eventually broke down.
                              In March last year she was arrested and accused of committing adultery with a British man, whom she insists was only a friend, and convicted in November.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X