• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS Can I claim charges after CCJ on account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS Can I claim charges after CCJ on account?

Hi all, I was wondering can you claim for bank charges back even if the loan/overdraft/current account have been rolled into one and has a 4year old CCJ against it?

I know that if I SAR them there will be alot of charges on this before it went to court?
    Luminol x

Re: RBS Can I claim charges after CCJ on account?

Yes you can.

Comment

Ok then I'm gonna SAR RBoS, seeing I'm in such a militant mood today! :rant:
      Luminol x

Comment

Go for your life and good luck xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does RBS have a Data Controller address like HSBC do, Im just drafting my letter and Im a bit stuck?
          Luminol x

Comment

All info here, addresses at the bottom Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks Enaid, the letter Ive posted seems more long winded than the ones on here what do you think:

Dear Sir/ Madam

Please supply me with all records relating to my banking history with yourselves regards the above accounts.

Most importantly, I would like true signed copies of all the original contracts relating to the above accounts.

If they do not exist or cannot be provided, I would like confirmation of this, and an explanation as to why sent to me in writing.

Whilst not exhaustive and for the avoidance of doubt I also require all documents, statements, correspondence, memos and notes from the commencement of the above specified accounts up to the present.
              In light of all the recent publicity regards the reclaiming of bank charges, most Banks appear to now only be providing a breakdown of charges in response to all and any Data requests.

It seems a lot of banks are also wrongly interpreting the Data Protection Act (Data Protection Act) 1998 as a requirement to only disclose six years worth of personal data, and this is also wholly wrong.

The Data Protection Act clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and it has no correlation to the Limitation act 1980 at all.

I now ask that you provide me with all records relating to my banking history with yourselves regards the above accounts.

Whilst not exhaustive and for the avoidance of doubt I shall list what I require:

• Full copies of all contracts that exist between myself and your organisation; including copies of any documents you hold in support of same.
              • Copies of all statements relating to the above accounts.
              • Copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.
              • Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
              • Full details and copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.
              • Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information..
              • Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.
              • Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorized officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

You have 40 days to comply from the date this letter is deemed served in order to comply. If retrieval of any of this information should require longer than this, I would like an explanation as to why, and a reasonable estimate of the length time it should require (up to a maximum of 40 days).

In the meantime I would like any information that is more readily accessible to be sent without delay, and any delay in retrieval of any of the items listed is not just cause to delay anything more readily available.

I enclose a cheque for £10 to cover the cost of this request.

Please contact me to arrange a secure method and time to deliver to my home address.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              and even more importantly have any of the acts I've stated changed? I used this letter 2 years ago for my OH HSBC accounts.
              Last edited by Luminol; 9th March 2009, 16:15:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Luminol x

Comment

Ok I've re read this letter (I borrowed bit from other peoples letters on other sites ages ago), and I think maybe I'm being a tad anally retentive with it, I mean HSBC were being rotters and thats why I sent this, I think I'll go for a calm start afterall I only want the charges back! so Ill be quiet now !! x
                Luminol x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X