• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apologies to eligura re- CAA and void Bill of Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apologies to eligura re- CAA and void Bill of Sale

Sincerest apologies to eligura and all that have offered replies on their thread.

I have accidentally deleted your thread titled CAA and void Bill of Sale.

I will try to recover it and reinstate the posts as soon as possible.

My fault entirely, please accept my apologies.

Tools
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Re: Apologies to eligura re- CAA and void Bill of Sale

12th January 2009, 10:56:AM
    eligura

CCA and Bill of Sale
    Hi all,

Can someone answer me this:

Ok, someone buys a car. The car has a Bill of Sale (BoS) against it therefore securing the car for the lender/creditor. Also it has a personal loan against it securing the money lent. Loan covered by CAA.

Right, the main purpose of the BoS is that the creditor can repossess the car without a court order if the debtor defaults on the payments.

Ok, lets say the BoS is found void. Therefore the creditor cannot repossess the car unless they get a court order. BUT the debt on the car is still owing because of the personal loan. A back up for the creditor I suppose.

Right here is my question at last. If the BoS is void/unenforceable for whatever reason does it mean that the personal loan is unenforceable as it relies on information from the BoS?

Thanks!
    Last edited by PKea; 12th January 2009 at 11:13:AM. Reason: removed formating , to read easier
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

12th January 2009, 11:55:AM
      Amy

LB Team Member
      Panda......Red Setter

Re: CAA and void Bill of Sale
      The loan would depend on whether or not the CCA was valid.

Do you know that the Bill of Sale is unenforceable? Which company is this?

Comment

12th January 2009, 12:41:PM
        eligura

Hi,

The company is Approved Car Finance via Funding Corporation. And I have a written document from FC saying that BoS is void.

The whole problem is: when i got a car from ACF for 6K, I was forced to sign the contract that also had 6K worth of all sorts of insurances (not PPI) and nwo over 5 years they expect me to pay up 25K!!!! This is surely not legal. So I am just finding a way of dealing with this and I the CCA was not valid too, then the loan would be invalid as well.

Thats why I am on this website, trying to get some help.

Thanks.

Comment

12th January 2009, 12:50:PM
          Curlyben
          DCA's Beware - RoShamBo aGoGo, but please NO MORE SD's
          VIP Working Group
          St Bernard

Has FC said what makes the BoS void as this could have a serious bearing on the whole thing ?

Now remember the loan is a restricted type creditor - debtor- supplier, so the invalid BoS MIGHT have some bearing on it.
          Do you have the documentation ?

** NOTE: While dealing with DCA's my aim is always to have the debt returned to the Original Creditor for action. **

All new tech blog, come and check it out: BlueNosedDog | technology news

Comment

12th January 2009, 12:54:PM
            eligura

Im sure its all in that letter that I got from FC. I do have all the docs, just need someone to look at them who is know law well.

Comment

12th January 2009, 12:57:PM
              Curlyben
              VIP Working Group
              St Bernard

Can you scan them all up and post em after removing your personal details.

** NOTE: While dealing with DCA's my aim is always to have the debt returned to the Original Creditor for action. **

Comment

12th January 2009, 13:31:PM
                eligura

Just the contract or the letters from FC too?

Comment

12th January 2009, 13:33:PM
                  Curlyben
                  VIP Working Group
                  St Bernard

Everything would be good.

Comment

12th January 2009, 13:35:PM
                    eligura

Ok. I will scan them tomorrow, as I've got them at home. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Unfortunately I am unable to recover any posts made after this one.

If posters could fill in the gaps after this date it would be much appreciated.

Once again, my apologies.

Comment

Hi all, I only joined today. It is a shame that the posts were deleted as I am dealing with the Funding Corporation with a void bill of sale for a client and was interested in the response to eligura. I will have a look and see if this was restarted elsewhere, unless someone can point me in the right direction?
                        Legalis

Comment

Hi legalis and welcome to Beagles.

As yet eligura has not started another thread about this and the missing advice has not been re-added.

Feel free to start another thread with your questions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X