• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blemain Finance

hi im new to this site and would appreciate any help and advice with regards to this matter. At present i have an eviction date set to take place on the 19th of this month for my home..i did recieve a suspended possession order last year on the grounds that a 50 pounds extra payment was made on top of my agreed monthly payments, due to my partner having medical treatment and time off work we got behind with payments and blemein was on2 us straight away with late payment charges n phonecalls more letters meaning costs bein added to our account over n over again!!
    We have just been through this 2 weeks b4 xmas and paid 750 to clear the arrears, to cut along story short blemein have said we have defaulted on the agreement with them again n sent out the warrant of eviction order, not only that but demanding just short of 1000 pounds payment again to clear arrears??
    They are constantly ringin up and threatening about cumin to take our house and r so rude n arrogant that i cnt believe that they can get away with treating ppl this way!! My partner n i have split recently partly because of the stress of all of this..leaving me n my 5 children now facing the prospect of havin no home, i have tried seeking legal help but the earliest i can get to see some1 is the 12th, which is cuttin it fine, but i know of no other way around this, n blemein have told me over the phone that solicitors wont stop them sendin locksmiths out, n the guy who i last spoke to said he personally would be the 1 to enforce this n gain possession of my property!!
    We only borrowed 5,000 in 2005, n wen we asked for the final figure to see how much it would cost to settle the account it was over 9,ooo, i am totally at a dead end as to what to do and have under 2 weeks o do something, anybody... who could give me some kind of advice would be greatly appreciated..otha than that i will be sat on the roof of my home on the 19th n refusing to leave..n they will have to come up n arrest me b4 i will leave!! BLEMEIN ARE NO BETTER THAN THIEVES, THEY ARE WORSE N SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!! WHY CNT SOMEBODY HELP US STOP THEM DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOIN TO PPL?????

Good morning Toyah xx

Have you been back in touch with the court since you missed one of the installments under the suspended possession order ? You can ask for a further hearing and ask the Judge to reduce the payments, there is the possibility the judge will agree with the lender and keep the posession order in place but he has the powers to extend the suspended possession order. He should take their behaviour and excessive charges and your circumstances change in to account.

Can I ask what your mortgage on the house is and what equity there is ? Have payments on that kept up.

Also, in case this all has to go through, have you spoken to your council regarding emergency housing ?

There are complaints we can make regarding their behaviour too, but thats not a priority for you at the moment.

I'm sure someone else will have more in depth information for you too in a little while and after I have done school run will check which forms etc you need to apply to the court for an emergency hearing.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Toyah

Unfortunately, Blemain are it seems not a nice company to deal with as others on this site have found out. We will try and help you but we are going to need as much information about your case and in order to help you, could you please answer the following questions.

Someone here should be able to give you some guidance as to your next steps once we have your response.

How much in arrears do you owe!

How many months arrears does this represent!

The £50 you agreed how much of this have you paid!

How many months/years would it take to pay back the arrears!

How much is your normal monthly payment!

Are you in a position to financially to pay your normal monthly comitment!

Basically do you have an income to cover you repayments and household bills!

All the best

xx
      Last edited by TUTTSI; 6th March 2009, 08:45:AM. Reason: additiosn

Comment

You need to apply to the court for an emergency hearing, using an N244.

You must do this as soon as you can (like today) because as they have a suspended order they need not go back to the court to enforce the order. However, you need good reason to convince the Judge and I think you can do this.

Comment

thanks to every1 who has replied to my post, my little girl really poorly this mornin so cnt sit at the comp 4 too long..as soon as i have settled her down i will try to give u the information u have requested...i have also been given a cancellation appointment at 3.30 today with the cab which has given me a bit more comfort in the sense that i hopefully will be given some idea as to where i stand, thanx again i will b bak as soon as poss, toyahxx

Comment

Thats good news, hopefully they will of some assistance to you. I would expect them to advise applying to the court, and they should help you complete the forms.

did you attend the initial reposession hearing ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi, i was advised by the solicitor that i will b seein not to put form n22 in at courts yet as i would be given a court date b4 my meetin with her on the 12th and she would not b able to attend with me, i did attend the repossession hearing with my then partner and we acted in our own defence, we agreed to pay the extra 50 a month when we couldnt afford it to avoid loosin our home at the time, we was never told we could have asked 4 payments to be reduced for a short while.
              We only missed a couple of payments n straight away we recieved letters saying we were nearly 1000 in arrears, i have paid this amount on 3 different occasions gettin miself in2 more debt but i refuse this time and couldnt raise that amount in the time period i have b4 the actual datex

Comment

So to get this straight, your solicitor that is dealing with this, has told you not to apply to reduce payments before the eviction date because she would be unable to attend with you?

We need the basic details of how much your mortage is and what equity there is.

You need to ask for the amount redetermined and you probably have a good case for that due to the change in circumstances with the split from your OH.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Toyah, Blemain are vile. I know nothing about repossession law at all but have a loan with Blemain. I have just this week discovered that they charge interest after the first 28 days on all the 'other' charges they levy on people (and not just those struggling to make payments); £30 for a letter, £30 per phone call, £250 for calling in their in-house collection agency. I really have no idea whether all these extra charges which put peope further and further in debt are legal or not but would strongly advise that you obtain a copy of their Tariff of Charges from their website so that you can use it as evidence and force the judge to question these with them. Also, if you have ever had a letter from Monarch Recoveries, the charges are shown on the back of that. Good luck; feel so bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by magiciansgirl View Post
                    Hi Toyah, Blemain are vile. I know nothing about repossession law at all but have a loan with Blemain. I have just this week discovered that they charge interest after the first 28 days on all the 'other' charges they levy on people (and not just those struggling to make payments); £30 for a letter, £30 per phone call, £250 for calling in their in-house collection agency. I really have no idea whether all these extra charges which put peope further and further in debt are legal or not but would strongly advise that you obtain a copy of their Tariff of Charges from their website so that you can use it as evidence and force the judge to question these with them. Also, if you have ever had a letter from Monarch Recoveries, the charges are shown on the back of that. Good luck; feel so bad for you.

Some or most of these charges you should be able to get refunded, I already just from writing to Melbourne Mortgages, our 2nd Mortgage lender have so far reduced all the charges by at least 50%. Normally these charges do not attract interest. You can also go back 12 years with mortgage charges and if they do not want to play ball the FOS will handle these, and eventually you should get a result. I believe they also charged £100 for solicitors - and we got those reduced as well.

If you have statements showing the charges, list them out on a spread sheet. Take a look at my Melbourne thread and you will see the pre-limary letter that
                    was sent.

I hope that this helps.

xx

Comment

Hi Toyah, Hope things went okay with CAB, if you can, let us know what they said.

Ame
                      xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X