• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** SUCCESS *** Strugglingmum v Natwest ** PAID !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strugglingmum v Natwest

Has the account got an outstanding overdraft owing on it at all?

Is it a normal current account?

What Direct Debits are currently being taken from that account?

Is this the only bank account you have?

Sorry for the short, sharp questions.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      Has the account got an outstanding overdraft owing on it at all?

Is it a normal current account?

What Direct Debits are currently being taken from that account?

Is this the only bank account you have?

Sorry for the short, sharp questions.

Hi, Never had an overdraft, never had a loan, my dd's are, house insurance, car insurance, tv licence and internet, that's it. Everything else is always paid for in cash, we did have sky as we cant get freeview here but that went as that was the first dd the bank bounced before christmas. Given that I have 2 teenage boys that in itself is pretty hard going! what I earn goes straight on the bills, no credit etc, I live within my means (minimum but budgetable) and I survive on what others would spend in the pub on a Friday night (but i'd rather be in the pub believe me lol)

I was actually managing until the charges kicked in and the debt I'm in is a direct result of that, I think maybe they've seen this by the dates I gave them they'd taken charges and the dates on the threatening letters etc.

The whole letter is bog standard and applies to everyone who applies for hardship from what I was told, it asks for token payments and so on for loans etc. I have scanned it but have tried to upload it and cant for some reason. will keep trying though. x (told you I am blonde :tinysmile_hmm_t2

Sorry yes it's a current account but i dont have a cheque book as that was requested off me when I requested just over £100 4 years ago for charges. so just a current account with a maestro card. It is also the only account I have.
      Last edited by strugglingmum; 6th March 2009, 19:14:PM. Reason: to answer the account questions.

Comment

OK thanks, the reason for asking was that I suspect they may want to switch your account to a basic account.

I don't think the inclusion of
        Until the result of the charges of the test case is known we can confirm no further charges or interest will be applied to your account.
        is standard at all. It is however a welcomed move from me/everyone and IMO more banks should be doing it to help people who are struggling.

logging off for the evening now but will check back later.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Yes the impression I got was to make my account a solo account which I have no problem with whatsoever, I dont actually see what the difference is, I dont have a chequebook and cheques are accepted less and less now, and looking into the charges from the natwest they do seem different between the solo and current accounts, maybe Nattie could define this and actually tell us why we would even need a current account as apposed to a solo account? (sorry Nattie)!

Comment

Originally posted by strugglingmum View Post
            Yes the impression I got was to make my account a solo account which I have no problem with whatsoever, I dont actually see what the difference is, I dont have a chequebook and cheques are accepted less and less now, and looking into the charges from the natwest they do seem different between the solo and current accounts, maybe Nattie could define this and actually tell us why we would even need a current account as apposed to a solo account? (sorry Nattie)!
            I think Pkea explained it quite well earlier in the thread.
            This is the important bit I have read on your thread. The bank are effectively SUSPENDING charges on your account, that means, no charges whatsoever even if DD's or Standing Orders are returned unpaid.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
              I think Pkea explained it quite well earlier in the thread.
              This is the important bit I have read on your thread. The bank are effectively SUSPENDING charges on your account, that means, no charges whatsoever even if DD's or Standing Orders are returned unpaid.
              Thankyou, I did get the impression it was a standard letter being sent by the Natwest, so that's good news if that's the way they are now dealing with hardship claims.
              Last edited by strugglingmum; 7th March 2009, 09:46:AM.

Comment

Well done you. Hope you have a good offer and it helps your situation.
                "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thankyou, I did get the impression it was a standard letter being sent by the Natwest, so that's good news if that's the way they are now dealing with hardship claims.
                  It kinda standard as all letters written from financial institutions start with a template. However, what they are saying is that they will cancel DD's if they are not paid but they won't charge you for doing so. When you scan the letter on, make sure you remove indentifying markers, ie name address and account number etc,etc,

Comment

Ok I wasn't sure how to get the letter on here so I hope this works
                    Last edited by strugglingmum; 9th March 2009, 16:13:PM.

Comment

Or directly like this

Comment

Ok, I received an offer today which I have accepted and although there were no terms or conditons attached to it I just want to wait to actually receive the money and withdraw it before I post any more details.

Im really grateful for all the support and information I have received here and I hope I can bring something positive to the forum with this information.

xxxxxx

Will update when the money has been paid x

Comment

Ok, I received an offer today which I have accepted and although there were no terms or conditons attached to it I just want to wait to actually receive the money and withdraw it before I post any more details.

Im really grateful for all the support and information I have received here and I hope I can bring something positive to the forum with this information.

xxxxxx

Will update when the money has been paid x
                          So we have to wait 21 days???? Noooooo the suspense will kill us all.

Seriously though, fantastic news that the bank have made you an offer and that it is an offer that will alleviate your hardship. Stick around please, and help others because your experience will undoubtedly help others who may feel that they cannot do what you have done.

Comment

Good news then! Have they said how long it will take them to actually pay you?
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                              Good news then! Have they said how long it will take them to actually pay you?

No, but they have moved very quickly and I'm hoping that it will be soon, the reason I posted today was to give others an accurate timescale of how they've been with me and log every time with you when they've responded as I think it's easy to get carried away and forget, so I'm hoping by my posting it will make an accurate log.
                              I have phoned them daily using the numbers I gave and faxed bills etc so I think this must have speeded things up. I gave as much information as I could and not only sent template letters but letters which were very honest and excrutiating personal to emphasise the effect the charges are having on my family.
                              I've provided them with absolute proof that the situation I'm in is a direct result of the charges.

Nattie, I will stick around, and hope in some way I can help others too. x

Comment

Thats fantastic news, and I am pleased that you will be sticking arround and help others.

It has been a learning curve for all of us, but we are really pleased that we have been able to encourage you to fight for what is yours.

Why Nattie, will she have to wait 21 days! is that how they deal with hardship claims at Nat West.

All the best

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X