• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Default

Can anyone help me with this? I have been chased by a debt company with regards to a credit card dated 03. I requested the credit agreement, statement of account and deed of assignment. The dates have long since past when these should have been sent However today have received a statement of account, no deed of assignment and no credit agreement. However to my surprise I have received 3 other peoples credit applications with their bank details, names, dates of birth etc. etc. This is obviously a breach of the data protection act. Can anyone advise me as to which way I should play this with regards to this company. Thanks in advance.

Re: Credit Card Default

All of these breaches of the data protection act should be reported to the ICO, their contact is here http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
    I would be inclined to also report their inability to supply your information in good time.

Good Luck,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Re: Credit Card Default

Make sure to let the company in question know that they have made an error, and that you are complaining to the ICO both about this failure, and the fact that they have as yet failed to satisfy your request.

I won't offer advice as to what to do with the docs, because we've already had quite a difference of opinion about that on a different thread. All I can say is what I would do in that position, and that is to phone the ICO and ask what the best course of action is.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X