• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lender Refusing Disclosure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lender Refusing Disclosure

Sent our lender a request for Disclosure under CPR Rules, they have wrote back refusing to disclose.

Which is not a big deal in itself, as I asked for disclosure of commissions recieved and paid.

Was going to file a pre -action discovery with the court myself, but decided to let the lawyers deal with that now.

Will be filing in my lawyers town (in england) for obvious reasons, however I have a few issues with some other banks and was wondering, about the equivalent action for such under the scottish legal system.

Despite my best efforts I can find very little on pre -action discovery rules and process in scotland.

If anyone can throw me a bone, pardon the pun, or point me in the direction of where to find out, I will be very much Grateful.

Re: Lender Refusing Disclosure

Which CPR did you use as many OC's are now refusing to comply with CPR18.
    Another approach would be to use CPR 31.14.
    Have a read of this: Getting Them To Reveal Their Vitals. Using CPR 31.14 to Your Advantage - Page 6 - The Consumer Forums

Comment

used CPR 31:16 (3)

Comment

CPR 31.14 only gives a right to disclosure and / or inspection of documents directly mentioned within pleadings etc, so only once a claim is issued can you rely upon that, of course if the claim is soooo poor like many where they do not plead the exsistence of a document such as a credit agreement then youre stuck as you cannot obtain disclosure

however CPR 31.16 governs pre action issues and gives a right to disclosure of documents which eitehr damage or support your case
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X