• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Western Union - Scam/warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Union - Scam/warning

I have received this email today from someone purporting to be from Weston Union. It is a scam, if you RECEIVE ONE DO NOT COMPLETE ANY OF THE INFO, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR IDENTITY. Delete it immediately.

Dear Sir/Madam,

There is an issue with the WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER in the amount of $100,000.00 Directed in cash credited to file WUMT/0378449773/08, at the owner of this email address which is you.

The International Monetary Fund contacted us for your compensation a couple of hours ago due to your allocated security code.

We are unable to complete a transfer directed at an email address, so we require some more information in order to complete this transfer.

Here are the information's needed for you to fill out:

1.Full Name:
    2.Full Address:
    3.Marital Statue:
    4.Occupation:
    5.Age:
    6.Sex:
    7.Nationality:
    8.Tel.Number:
    9.Country Of Residence.

As soon as this information is received, your Money Transfer Control Number will be sent to you and having complied with the requirements of payment of the western union charges, payment will be made to your
    nominated Bank Account or at the counter directly from The Western Union Transferring/Paying Bank.

When emailing,please use the (Reference number 250-33) for our mutual convenience.

Western Union Money Transfer
    **Customer Service**

Re: Western Union - Scam/warning

any email asking for bank details is a scam. Never ever respond. That is a new one Tuttsi(however, I rarely read my emails, if I do not know the source of it)

Comment

Re: Western Union - Scam/warning

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
      any email asking for bank details is a scam. Never ever respond. That is a new one Tuttsi(however, I rarely read my emails, if I do not know the source of it)
      Whilst they have not asked for bank details at this stage- all the info they are asking for they can use this info to take on your identity.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X