• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Terms and conditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Terms and conditions

Has anyone else been sent the new t's & c's, I'll scan them tomorrow, they make for interesting reading when it comes to what they call an "instant overdraft" It looks like a crass attempt to confuse people

I haven't seen them yet, if you could scan them that would be great.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

they are actually quite worrying, instead of an unauthorised overdraft they state:
      ".....you may also request an overdraft by trying to make a payment from your current account, where that payment would:
      (i) cause your current account to go overdrawn without an Advance Overdraft in place; or
      (ii) cause your current account to go over any Advance Overdraft limit we have previously agreed with you.

In either case this is refered to as an instant overdraft request.

I was under the impression that an overdraft is credit which has to be formally agreed to by both parties. They are changing the charges also. I'll scan them all up fo you to look at.

Comment

The very fact that they are doing this demonstrates that they know full well that these charges, at least to date, have been penalties.

Attempting to cloak their penalty charges as fees for a service is not going to work - even the OFT will see through that, given that in their April 2006 report they specifically warned banks against the practice of disguising penalties as services.

Thanks Jet, look forward to seeing the terms when you upload them.

Comment

All banks are heading the same way with these T&C's now. Abbey seem to be quite slow at changing - was it HSBC that first came up with the unarranged / arranged overdraft fee ?

The OFT will see through it - but whether they will allow the banks to say this is what they should have been called all along, and the previous terms were for clarity to their customers, remains to be seen.

I think the disguised penalty clauses should be incorporated into the POC's for claims including any of this 'new' terminology.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I think the beginnings of this all was way back last year and I think all banks are responding to their long break from it all via the OFT test case by making the charges seem to be somehow a service. We have seen the softening of names for charges. It is not a REFERRAL charge or UNARRANGED overdraft but maintenance fee and informal requests for overdrafts, or formal requests if the account goes overdrawn. Odd that.

Comment

New TC are scary! I am now closing my account cant deal with the T&C very very scary
              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Yes they are quite scary. The Current Account T&C's differ from the Personal Banking T&C's. I received the Personal Banking ones yesterday and they clearly state'if you overdraw your account when we have not given you an overdraft you are in breach of these conditions...'

The new Tariff of Charges for the current account is nicely called 'Key Features and Price List'.

I can put some pics up of them but not sure how readable they will be.

Do we really think they will win with this changing to describing the same fee as a service rather than a penalty ? I'm in two minds all seems rather orchestrated.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

see if these work or not.
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 12th August 2007, 18:04:PM.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Depends on whether the case hinges on whether Unauthorised Overdraft Charges (remember that phrase) are currently unlawful or whether the whole hisotry is looked at.

The case is not about Key Features, Price Lists or Account Service Fees, it is about Unauthorised Overdraft Charges

Comment

not great but vageuly readable if someone fancies scanning in some sensible images that'd be good lol (and one of furby just cause i felt like it) sorry did pics with webcam hence the bendy pages.

the pic with the biro round the text is from the Personal Banking T&C's received yesterday - the rest are the Current account T&c's received today.
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 12th August 2007, 18:04:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

skeggsy v lloyds buss account

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        All banks are heading the same way with these T&C's now. Abbey seem to be quite slow at changing - was it HSBC that first came up with the unarranged / arranged overdraft fee ?

The OFT will see through it - but whether they will allow the banks to say this is what they should have been called all along, and the previous terms were for clarity to their customers, remains to be seen.

I think the disguised penalty clauses should be incorporated into the POC's for claims including any of this 'new' terminology.
                        definately, do we have a business account poc in light of the above for lloyds tsb yet. skeggsy

Comment

we're working on business pocs right now hun. keep hassling us tho.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

sorry it took a bit longer than I said, I got side tracked with the kids.

Comment

fabulous jet - can take my poor attempts down now

Thank you

might leave furby tho
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X