• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed

I got my bank statement today and like they told me on Monday , no charges ! I was expecting a substantial ammount to be taken but as per my telephone call on Monday none will be taken. I think I will attempt to clarify if this is like strugglingmum and they are suspended until the OFT test case ruling is finalised or just until my own case is concluded.

Anyway thanks to all on here for their help .
    'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post

Then you will need to write a letter to Abbey under the hardship rules, explaining how your situation has worsened due to the loss of job and breakdown of marriage etc. We can help you with this once you have got together all the above. It is important not to use templated letters as it is better if it does not look stereotyped.
      This is so true. I thin what helped me most is that I kept in mind that the people at the other end are real PEOPLE, and tried to appeal sincerely to them and their goodwill, and try to put myself across as somoeone they would like to help as a fellow human. I always had that idea in mind; I was not applying to the institution Natwest, but to the actual humans who would deal with my claim.
      And I have to say they were very kind and helpful on the phone. I couldn't believe how nice the woman was who told me it had approved. I could just keep saying, oh thanks, thanks, that's brilliant, thanks!
      I really feel a positive attitude helps.

Comment

I telephoned Abbey this morning for an update this morning and they told me the claim was still with their team but I should be hearing from them shortly,I asked them if the stay on any any further charges being taken applied only until my own case was seetles or until the OFT , and she told me that it was til the OFT.
        If any further charges did come off they would refund them to my account immediately although that should not happen.

Still sounds like its going well but my fingers are still crossed!
        'Be Traist'

Comment

Not sure if this is available elsewhere on the forum but the fax number for Abbey National complaints is as follows 0845 600 1378
          'Be Traist'

Comment

Letter received this morning! dated 17/03/09 from Abbey.

Dear ,

AS you know we are currently investigating your complaint that you raised with Abbey four weeks ago.I am sorry for the delay you are experiencing and I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you for your continued patience.

Our research is taking longer than expected because we want to make sure a full investigation is done .If we are unable to complete our investigation beforehand , we will write to you again in four weeks time to let you know how we are getting on.

I am sorry it is taking longer than originally thought and would like to reassure you that your complaint is very important to us.

h.o.c.

That would mean it could take eight weeks and then some (it is actually 5 weeks now since they got my original package,sent next day delivery) so at least 9 weeks.

I dont know what this could mean hopeful sign or are they just stalling opinions and if possible some advice would be very appreciated.
            'Be Traist'

Comment

I wish I knew what took them so long to input figures into a database and then work out the income and expenditure form. Then for them to decide whether the criteria they have for hardship applies. Then for departments to talk to each other and then for someone who can make a decision to do such a thing. Unfortunately, everything has to be double checked. Pity it takes sooooo long.

Comment

[quote=natweststaffmember;107438]I wish I knew what took them so long to input figures into a database and then work out the income and expenditure form. Then for them to decide whether the criteria they have for hardship applies. Then for departments to talk to each other and then for someone who can make a decision to do such a thing. Unfortunately, everything has to be double checked. Pity it takes sooooo long.[/quote]

I only asked for advice:tinysmile_hmm_t2: sorry
                'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
                  [quote=natweststaffmember;107438]I wish I knew what took them so long to input figures into a database and then work out the income and expenditure form. Then for them to decide whether the criteria they have for hardship applies. Then for departments to talk to each other and then for someone who can make a decision to do such a thing. Unfortunately, everything has to be double checked. Pity it takes sooooo long.

I only asked for advice:tinysmile_hmm_t2: sorry[/quote]

What I am trying to say is that it is ridiculous how long the process takes considering the above. Comment is aimed at the Financial Institution and not you. For me, the process and the length of time you have to wait, is completely ridiculous. Your bank have said it will be 8 weeks and to me that seems amazingly slow in an age when banks are letting staff go rather than hiring to a department that clearly needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                    I only asked for advice:tinysmile_hmm_t2: sorry
                    What I am trying to say is that it is ridiculous how long the process takes considering the above. Comment is aimed at the Financial Institution and not you. For me, the process and the length of time you have to wait, is completely ridiculous. Your bank have said it will be 8 weeks and to me that seems amazingly slow in an age when banks are letting staff go rather than hiring to a department that clearly needs it.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying , I apologise, people like me depend on help from those more qualified and knowledgable than ourselves , and I am grateful, I hope to be able to help others from my own experiences, so again my thanks.
                    'Be Traist'

Comment

I have faxed further documentation that has just arrived to Abbey,and called to confirm they had received all recent faxes to them which they did and that they had been passed to the 'team' investigating.

The Lady I spoke to said that was all the updates on my case at the moment,again confirming no further charges would be taken from my account , but she also said they should be in contact in two to three weeks maybe sooner .

She also said that she would update the claim by asking them to contact me as soon as the investigation is complete.

I will continue to send them any new documantation and ask for updates until it is resolved, I dont want to be a pest but I feel if you dont ask you run the risk of being forgotten.

Will post further when there is any news.
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

Hoops...You are not being a pest.... you can phone at least once a week to find out how your claim is processing. Many of us did this and Abbey were perfectly OK.

I feel confident that you will get your answer very soon.

All the best
                        Tuttsi xx

Comment

Hoops, be a pest, a big bad pest. They never forget the pests

Comment

I was in contact with Abbey complaints this morning and they tell me my claim is now classed as urgent and that it would be concluded a lot sooner than they had previously indicated their team were dealing with it as a metter of urgency . The Lady also confirmed my contact details as they will be in touch . I have given my mobile number as I always have it with me and my employers do not like personal calls being taken.

All in all sounds like its finally moving towards the end game , with hopefully a positive result. I intend calling again on wednesday if they have not contacted me.

(was in Birmingham and redditch all weekend great folk)
                            'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
                              I was in contact with Abbey complaints this morning and they tell me my claim is now classed as urgent and that it would be concluded a lot sooner than they had previously indicated their team were dealing with it as a metter of urgency . The Lady also confirmed my contact details as they will be in touch . I have given my mobile number as I always have it with me and my employers do not like personal calls being taken.

All in all sounds like its finally moving towards the end game , with hopefully a positive result. I intend calling again on wednesday if they have not contacted me.

(was in Birmingham and redditch all weekend great folk)
                              What did i say....there is no probs in phoning them and I am confident that they will get back to you very soon. If you have not heard by Thursday, give them another call.

tuttsi x

Comment

I received a call from Abbey just about 10mins ago , telling me that they were in the process of concluding my claim but needed an Income and expenditure sheet in order to do so . The gentleman I spoke to said he would send me one out and I should get it next week , I explained that I had sent one with my original package and they had received that package next day before 1pm delivery and I had confirmed with the P.O that they did get it. He calimed they sent me one on feb 26th but I told him I had received no such request . (I obviously would have responded right away)

He apologised and repeated that he would have to send me one out, and it should arrive by next Tuesday,no need I told him I have an electronic copy and could fax it to him right away !.

So he gave me the fax number and I have re-sent it and have a proof of fax transmission to prove they got it this time.

I was stunned to get a call at all , but I am baffled as to where this is now!

I hope it is nearing a conclusion and hopefully a positive one , very nervous now! Fingers crossed!
                                'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X