• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
    Can anyone give me the address for Abbeys legal department or whichevrone deals with hardship claims, all my documents are ready to go. many thanks
    Legal Dept - if you have a claim already stayed at the courts. Quote your court claims number on your letter and of course your account number.
    Ronan Coyle
    Abbey National House,
    2 Triton Square,
    Regents Park,
    London
    NW1 3AN

Mr Richard Harris
    Head of Complaints
    Abbey National PLC
    PO Box 5129
    Milton Keynes

MK9 2YN

Comment

Tuttsi, you are a star wish me luck!:tinysmile_grin_t:
      'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
        Tuttsi, you are a star wish me luck!:tinysmile_grin_t:
        Wishing loads of luck

Comment

I was served an arrestment of wages notice (for council tax)( well it was posted to me dated last friday ), anyone know how long it takes to come into effect after it arrives,it got here on Monday 23rd. My wages are calculated on the same day but from the head office of the company and not the regional office where the notice was directed to so I dont think it will start on friday this week,but Im not sure.

My appeal under hardship grounds has now been with Abbey for a week,I know its a bit early but so far no word,although I did check that they had received it , sent it before 1pm next day delivery.

Any thoughts?
          'Be Traist'

Comment

attachment of earnings (AoE) have to be acted on by your wages department. So it depends how quickly they act on it, tbh. Are you paid weekly or monthly. If monthly then you've probably got away with it for this month. If weekly then you might find it starts next week. The employer is obliged to act on the AoE as soon as is practible and reasonably possible, and they have to send all deductions to the council by a certain date in the month, which I think is 19th. Is there one AoE or two? You can have no more than 2 at a time taken from your wages.
            Is no longer here

Comment

There is only on AoE , and I am paid weekly so I think you are likely right that it will start next week,:cry: have been speaking to my solicitor who says there is nothing that can be done on this , I can only hope my claim is agreed to.

Thanks very much Wendy for your help.
              'Be Traist'

Comment

No probs, been there, done that, have the AoE teeshirt! I have an AoE at the moment, but what I've done about it is not for publication on an open forum
                Is no longer here

Comment

I will just have to hang in there until Abbey get back to me.
                  'Be Traist'

Comment

Hoops,

Can you phone Abbey and obtain a ref number for your hardship claim, then send a copy of the AOE immediately to Abbey quoting their reference. This is going to make your hardship position worse as this money is being taken out of your pay and you will have less disposable income and this should strengthen your hardship case.

x

Comment

Thanks tuttsi I will do that in the morning will post how it goes.
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

Right , called Abbey at 09:00 and spoke to them they have given me the claim ref No and asked me to send them the arrestment order, which I have done.
                        The Lady I spoke to asked me to confirm telephone contact details in case they contact me, a glimmer of hope perhaps? god knows! Still it is now winging its way to them, fingers crossed.
                        'Be Traist'

Comment

In view of todays judgement do you think they may be inclined to look more favourably on hardship cases, i mean do you think there has been any softening of attitudes on the banks side on this issue.
                          'Be Traist'

Comment

It's difficult to say just yet Hoops, it only happened 3 hours ago.

Comment

Amy , sorry I havent worded that very well I meant a softening in their attitudes over the last few months prior to todays court decision.
                              'Be Traist'

Comment

That is good news Hoops that Abbey have asked for a phone number and that she told you to send a copy of the document.

fingers crossed that they will be fair and refund you some or all of your charges.

I think that the banks are intending to go to the House of Lords and if they do and loose the waiver will certainly be lifted. However, I am not certain yet what Abbey's thinking will be with regards to being more favourable than they have already been with a number of hardship claims that have been sucessful in as much as most have got 65% upwards of our claims.

In the meantime, you have done the right thing in your circumstances sending that document to them and I lookward to hearing a result soon. If you do not hear by say Wednesday next week - give that lady a call to see how your claim is progressing.

x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X