• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**** SUCCESS ***** Have a Stay Lifted or FOS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have a Stay Lifted or FOC?

Might I suggest you accept the payment offered as under the rules of the test case this can not be a full and final offer. Worry about the interest and other charges once you have banked the partial settlement you have nothing to lose and I am sure the cash could come in handy.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    The interest continues but obviously not on the bit they have given you back (from when the cheque clears).
    Last edited by ROBSTER; 12th March 2009, 14:06:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Originally posted by johnsosu View Post
      A week later and no print out from HSBC. Called today and apparently in the post yesterday. So much for it being sent out urgently. How can a business be allowed to operate in this manner? Can I just clarify a few points. My first charge I am claiming is 28 September 2001 up to 12 January 2005 when HSBC closed my account. My claim through the county court was made in August 2008. Can I claim charges from 2001? Secondly, when I claimed in August 2008 the interest was £321.10. I assume interest continues to accrue until full settlement?

Kiki
      Interest will continue to accrue until the claim is finally settled after the test case, the longer it goes on the more interest you will be earning.

With regards to claiming charges over 6 years, yes this can be done and I have a current claim with Halifax at court stage which is 18 years +. You have to use the limitations act to do this. I take it that your claim already in court was just for the 6 years!

xx

Comment

Originally posted by johnsosu View Post
        A week later and no print out from HSBC. Called today and apparently in the post yesterday. So much for it being sent out urgently. How can a business be allowed to operate in this manner? Can I just clarify a few points. My first charge I am claiming is 28 September 2001 up to 12 January 2005 when HSBC closed my account. My claim through the county court was made in August 2008. Can I claim charges from 2001? Secondly, when I claimed in August 2008 the interest was £321.10. I assume interest continues to accrue until full settlement?

Kiki
        Will answer the bit in bold. All banks are fairly swamped with It could be that merely a dozen or more people are dealing with all claims and if you have thousands and thousands of claims, some may not be in the right order and so letters have to be sent out for further information, some may simply say "pay me back the charges cos they iz illegal, innit!" and so that needs to be sent back for more details. Furthermore, there are people who are sending follow up letters and all this takes time. 1 week for urgent on the basis I have laid out, is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
          some may simply say "pay me back the charges cos they iz illegal, innit!"

LOL sorry Nattie that made me giggle, am at work and colleagues looking over at me, made me smile on an otherwise boring day

Comment

Finally got the printout from HSBC and it looks like Budgie was not too far off the mark. Their printout dates from 5 March 2003 to 4 March 2009. My charges and claim date from 28 September 2001 to the account closure of January 2006. This explains why our totals do not tally.

I'm thinking take the £1k now and claim the rest after the test case concludes?

Comment

That sounds like a good idea johnsosu

Comment

Hi Johnsosu and others!
                I too have had a claim against HSBC stayed. I rang HSBC and spoke to them giving my income and expenses over the phone. The next day they told me that hardship has been proven. But that they will give me £200 now towards my £1100 GMAC arrears, with a review again next month! My charges print out comes to over £6k!
                Not sure what to do now, come to this site to look into it and find out my next move!
                Suggestions gratefully received
                Sue:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Suexbee

best thing to do is start a thread of your own, give as much detail as you can about your situation etc, then we will be able to help you better. If you don't want to put it on the public forum, pm a team member in confidence and they'll take it from there.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks, will do that.
                    Sue

Comment

Sound the trumpets! I spoke to HSBC again this afternoon. We agreed on the original offer of £1k. I clarified that this was not a full and final settlement which was correct. A letter is out in the post to me tomorrow (although hopefully today) and once they have received this back they will forward a cheque directly to GMAC. As I said to HSBC "fine by me". He also added he could see I've been having a tough time of it and he hopes everything works out. Almost makes me want to take back all those horrible things I've said about HSBC in the past - well, not quite!

Kiki

Comment

Yeyyy thats great news well done. Will this get GMAC off your back for the moment?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: **** SUCCESS ***** Have a Stay Lifted or FOS?

I hope it will pacify GMAC. It's not as if they haven't seen any money from me in months nor have I vanished off the face of the earth. I do have an income although slightly irregular with being self-employed. Will send them a letter saying cheque in the post directly from HSBC. I would really like to go after GMAC for the £3,500 of charges they have applied to my account over the past 2.5 years i.e. £15 a month for payment not by DD and £50 arrears charge. Overall a good day I say?!

Comment

Magic johnsosu and very well done.

Comment

Excellent news, yet another one sorted. Seems they are coming in thick and fast now since the recent appeal refusals.

Shape of things to come do we think?
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Congratulations Johnsosu.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X