• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

arnold clark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arnold clark

I needed parts for my renault laguna and was advised to order from arnold calrk as they could get them quicker.
    I ordered them last monday and was told they would arrive on the wednesday. I also paid by debit card on same day as ordering.
    I phoned them on wednesday only to be told it would be friday now before the parts arrived coz they were on a back order or something.
    I phoned on friday and was told they had assurance that tuesday would be day of delivery coz part was comin from france.
    I phoned yesterday and they said it would be in today after 10am.
    I phoned today at 11.30am and was told that they dont know wen the other part would arrive but that the dipstick I needed had been delivered last week. I asked why I kept gettin told the parts would be in on certain days if they dont know wen it would be in and the man just said I dont know, I just work here but no one knows wen it will arrive and that I would just have to phone each day and see wen it arrives and then he hung up on me.
    I cannot get my car fixed until that part arrives..... I spoke to another mechanic who said if I put it into the arnold clark garage to get fixed then it would have been delivered within 48hrs but because I am not using them to fix my car, they are givin me the run around.
    Is there anythin I can do to speed this up?..... Sounds daft question but maybe someone on here has had same experience and maybe know somethin that would help....Thanx

Re: arnold clark

I finally got the part for my car today but it turns out to be the wrong part.
    I told the sales manager this and he said it cant be returned because they ordered it specially to wat I asked for so I have to keep it now. It cost £120 and my car doesnt need the part they got for me.
    I had to order the part I do need and pay for it despite me tellin them they ordered wrong part and not me.
    Why cant they take it back and give me refund? It was their mistake but they wont admit to it...... Im so angry but cant do anythin about it
    Can anyone help...thanx

Comment

Who specified the part, you or the garage? If they ordered it in error, they must pay for it, not you. However, if you told them what was needed and they simply followed your instructions, then you cannot expect them to pay for what was your mistake.

Be clear who specified the part and we can help further.

Comment

it was definately them who ordered wrong part, I only stated wat mechanic wrote on bit of paper for me to order and it defo didnt say "valve", so thats why I know it was their mistake.
        Even wen I re-ordered the part I did need, the boy didnt know wat it was and had to get diagram of my car engine and me and my son had to point out wat part it was....thats why I am not happy about bein blamed for their mistake.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X