• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Millie Cat v Barclays. Hardship Claim **Interim payment paid**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Millie Cat v Barclays. Hardship Claim

Hi millie,
    Just leaving you this link, if you go through it and give your details as near as possible it will give you an idea if you are entitled to any benefits at all.
    http://www.entitledto.co.uk/

I would also ask, are you up to date with your mortggae, Council tax and Utility bills?

Comment

Hi Millie

just as a quickie, IMO, don't have a card meter, these work out more expensive as you pay a higher standing charge and the rate per unit its usually higher. There are lots of small ways you can cut down on fuel bills, they seem small but will make a difference. They may seem obvious but until you actually amke a point of doing them you don't realise how often you weren't doing them, if you see what I mean

Turn lights off as soon as you leave a room (or don't put them on at all)
      Don't use the tumble dryer if you can help it (I took the fuse out of mine last year to make sure it wasn't used lol)
      If you already have hot water in the kettle, put this into the saucepans for boiling up the veg, then you won't use so much fuel bringing the saucepans to the boil.
      Use water from the hot tap to boil in the kettle, and for saucepans of veg, again this won't take as much fuel to boil. I know peeps say "yuk you shouldn't use water from the hot tap" but once its boiled, what's the difference? I've been doing it for years and I'm not dead yet.
      Turn everything you can off when you are not using it, don't just leave on standby. Even mobile phone chargers.

Please don't think I'm being patronising, it's just things which sometimes people don't think of, anmd can make a difference.

Wendy xx
      Is no longer here

Comment

An edit for you, but it still needs major work I'm afraid. Can you also fill in the blanks in red.

Dear Sirs,

I have recently been made aware of the updated criteria for financial hardship which have been defined by the Financial Services Authority in the updated version of the Complaints Handling Waiver.

I believe that I meet the defined criteria and therefore request that you consider refunding the default charges you have taken from my account, which amount to £4,010.45 as of today's date (29th January 2009). This claim is stayed at the Maidstone County Court and has been since (date).

I have set out below the reasons I feel that I meet the qualifying criteria:-

2a. evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education.

I have not been in regular employment since 1996. I had no choice but to leave my job to care for my eldest daughter who has a rare blood condition. We are struggling financially on one wage but we are finding it increasingly difficult to meet our financial commitments. I am unable to return to work as I have another young daughter. Does your husband work, have there been any other changes?

2b (i) items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;
        (ii). failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

We frequently have a number of direct debits for our loans and house insurance (buildings and contents) returned unpaid. The charges added to this account as a result of these returned direct debits has only added to our financial burden.

(iii). discontinuation of regular credits;

We have also had some direct debits that have been discontinued on our regular credits. Need more info here.

(vi). making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest;

Our Virgin credit card has to be used regularly to access cash for the weekly food shop due to a severe lack of funds. The interest rate is very high for cash advances and we cannot obtain a new card with lower interest rates due to a poor credit history.

(vii). repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).

We are repeatedly over our overdraft and charges and in the past 12 months alone amount to (how much? Need more detail)

I have had to have my overdraft increased several times to due to these charges being taken from my account.

I trust that Barclays agree that my situation is one of significant and severe financial hardship and will undertake to resolve my claim and return the default charges of £4,010.45.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Letter needs to include enclosures, listed out as set out in my earlier thread today.

Comment

Hi all,
            Thank you for all your advice i will be acting on it and will get back to you all for veiwing,
            Thanks again.
            My I&E form is at the top of the page Posted by PKEA as i was having troble posting it on here, if you would like to see!
            Millie Cat x x x
            x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
            As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

Hi all Please can you re-look at this leter and coment if needed,
              My I&E form is at the top of the page Posted by PKEA as i was having troble posting it on here, if you would like to see!
              Dear Sirs,

I have recently been made aware of the updated criteria for financial hardship which have been defined by the Financial Services Authority in the updated version of the Complaints Handling Waiver.

I believe that I meet the defined criteria and therefore request that you consider refunding the default charges you have taken from my account, which amount to £4,010.45 as of today's date (29th January 2009). This claim is stayed at the Maidstone County Court and has been since (8th august 07).

2a. evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education.

I have not been in regular employment since 1996. I had no choice but to leave my job to care for my eldest daughter who has a rare blood condition called hereditary spherocytosis. We are struggling financially on one wage but we are finding it increasingly difficult to meet our financial commitments. I am unable to return to work as I have another young daughter. My Husband has a job but is only doing basic hours and we rely on him doing at least 1 hours overtime per night to cover the charges (please make this sound better not so good with english as im dislexic)

We frequently have a number of direct debits for our loans and house insurance (buildings and contents) returned unpaid. The charges added to this account as a result of these returned direct debits has only added to our financial burden.

We have also had direct debits that have been discontinued on our regular credits. Virgin Media for our home phone which i need for emergenceys due to my daughters condition. as a consequence we get charged an extra £5 each month for not paying by DD + £10 for late payments.

(vi). making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest;

Our Virgin credit card has to be used regularly to access cash for the weekly food shop due to a severe lack of funds. The interest rate is very high for cash advances and we cannot obtain a new card with lower interest rates due to a poor credit history.

(vii). repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).

We are repeatedly over our overdraft and charges and in the past 12 months alone amount to £1152 Comprising of (£750 of the £30 charge, £352 of the £22 charge and £80 of the £8) from 18th Dec 07- 18th Dec 08

I have had to have my overdraft increased several times to due to these charges being taken from my account.

I trust that Barclays agree that my situation is one of significant and severe financial hardship and will undertake to resolve my claim and return the default charges of £4,010.45.

Yours faithfully,
              Last edited by millie cat; 29th January 2009, 17:13:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              x x x Millie Cat x x x

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                Millie Cats Income Expenditure Sheet in pdf format attached

and thanks for editing your initial post, cheers

PKea
                Hi Millie

Just had a look at this and you have not put in a figure for credit card and bank charges that I could see. I suggest you add that in as well.

Comment

Hi Millie Cat all I can say is keep trying I have just received a letter from Barclays at long last agreeing that I am infinancial hardship with an offer of wait for it £563 on a claim of £13,539.00. I have said its not enough as I have arrears of approx £5,000.00 on mortgage etc. Any ideas what I shoud do now?

Comment

Millie, have your husband's working hours been cut?

Comment

Originally posted by skintkim View Post
                      Hi Millie Cat all I can say is keep trying I have just received a letter from Barclays at long last agreeing that I am infinancial hardship with an offer of wait for it £563 on a claim of £13,539.00. I have said its not enough as I have arrears of approx £5,000.00 on mortgage etc. Any ideas what I shoud do now?
                      Then write back to them Kim and tell them the amount offered is not sufficient to cover your mortgage arrears.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                        Millie, have your husband's working hours been cut?
                        No he just hasn't got any overtime. (at lest hes got a job some people like his brother are being made redundent My heart goes out to them)
                        Is the letter ready for sending or is there anything else i need to add. ?
                        And i will amend the I&E form.
                        Please write back.
                        A Heart felt THANK YOU, all you are all sent from god,
                        Millie Cat
                        x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Originally posted by millie cat View Post
                          No he just hasn't got any overtime.
                          Is the letter ready for sending or is there anything else i need to add. ?
                          And i will amend the I&E form.
                          Please write back.
                          A Heart felt THANK YOU, all you are all sent from god,
                          Millie Cat
                          Almost, I just wanted you to clarify that point. I'll tidy it up with another edit again for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                            Hi Millie

Just had a look at this and you have not put in a figure for credit card and bank charges that I could see. I suggest you add that in as well.
                            Hi Tuttsi,
                            Were abouts in the I&E form should i put this in step 4 or 6 i have put my overdraft amount in step 4 is that what you ment or are you talking about the £4010.45 bank charges,
                            Wright back soon Im iching to go now.
                            Millie Cat
                            x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Hi Millie

No Millie not the £4K stuck in court, just average the amount of charges you are currently paying each month.

Don't forget to to include all your evideces with the letter....

Good Luck

xx

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I believe that I meet the defined criteria and therefore request that you consider refunding the default charges you have taken from my account, which amount to £4,010.45 as of today's date (29th January 2009). This claim is currently stayed at the Maidstone County Court and has been since 8th August 2007.

I have not been in regular employment since 1996. I had no choice but to leave my job to care for my eldest daughter who has a rare blood condition called hereditary spherocytosis. We are struggling financially on one wage but we are finding it increasingly difficult to meet our financial commitments. I am unable to return to work as I have another young daughter.

My Husband's job consists of basic hours only unless he is allocated any overtime. We rely heavily on him working at least 1 hour of overtime per night, but this merely covers the charges applied to our account.

We have had our direct debit discontinued to Virgin Media, our home telephone provider. As a consequence of this we are now charged an extra £5 each month for not paying by direct debit plus £10 per month for late payments, which is a further £15 to find every month on top of an already fully stretched budget.

Our Virgin credit card has to be used regularly to access cash for the weekly food shop due to our severe lack of funds. The interest rate on this card is very high for cash advances and we cannot obtain a new card with a lower interest rate due to our poor credit history.

We repeatedly exceed our overdraft limit and charges in the past 12 months alone amount to £1,152. I have been forced to increase my overdraft several times to try and compensate for the charges applied.

I trust that Barclays will agree that my situation is one of significant and severe financial hardship and will undertake to resolve my claim and return the full amount of default charges before my situation becomes even more dire.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X