• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Millie Cat v Barclays. Hardship Claim **Interim payment paid**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millie Cat v Barclays. Hardship Claim **Interim payment paid**

I need my car because my elest daughter is sick.
    the totel is without over time as he has none at present.
    our main debt is with Barclays.
    I spoke to a customer service man who said to cancel all my DDs so if i do that how am i soposed to pay them if all the wages are going to barclays.
    and then tryed to sell me some house insurence.
    Please help what should i do! :tinysmile_cry_t:
    Last edited by millie cat; 28th January 2009, 14:05:PM.
    x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
    As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Re: Millie Cat v Barclays. Hardship Claim

Millie, Can you attach the spreadsheet, rather than try to copy n paste it.

If you are struggling with it, you can email it to me to post up for you
    pkea@legalbeagles.info

PKea

Comment

Hi pkea.
      I have sent the spread sheet to your email
      Thanks
      Millie Cat.
      x x x Millie Cat x x x

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

Millie Cats Income Expenditure Sheet in pdf format attached

and thanks for editing your initial post, cheers

PKea

Comment

Originally posted by millie cat View Post
          I need my car because my elest daughter is sick.
          the totel is without over time as he has none at present.
          our main debt is with Barclays.
          I spoke to a customer service man who said to cancel all my DDs so if i do that how am i soposed to pay them if all the wages are going to barclays.
          and then tryed to sell me some house insurence.
          Please help what should i do! :tinysmile_cry_t:
          Pretty Please.
          Millie Cat
          x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Have you been on Uswitch to see if you can get cheaper providors for your utilities?

Comment

Yes i tryed that but every time we change the end up being just as expensive, my sister in law pays half what i pay and she lives in the same house about 10 doors up from me and she seems to use more than me.
              i also have had my house cavety wall and loft insulated and all light bulbs replaced with energie saving and lots of kichen stuff to.
              Thanks Millie Cat x x x
              x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Have you checked what tariff you are on?
                I am with the same providor for Gas and Leccy, so get 6.5% discount of my bills, plus I get email bills instead of paper, which gets me another 1.5% off.

Also have a look at this to try and get some money back
                Energy Firms Sitting on Your Direct Debit Cash!

Comment

Hi Millie Cat,

Firstly love your name, I have a cat called Millie lol :kiss:

How far are you along with you Barclays claim? Have you sent them any letters, issued court claim?

Moneywise, try swapping energy people like Pkea suggested. I just went through my garage, house, attic and ebayed everything I havent used in a year or didnt want, I found all my old dusty mobiles and sold them! You have so much more in your home than you think you do lol

Does your daughter have to go to the doctor or hospital alot? My OH's dad gets money towards petrol and he gets reinbursed for the parking, I think its the NHS who gives it to him I will check. It works out about £15 a week, not much but it helps.

xx
                  Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                  Me VS Abbey Win
                  BIL HSBC Credit Card
                  BIL EGG
                  BIL HSBC Loan
                  BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi Mochamoo,
                    Thank you for replying,
                    Yes Millie is a turkisk angora and i have oscar he is a ragdol.
                    Yes i have a stayed court claim with Barclays,
                    I did change my suplyer for G & E but it still so expensive I did call EON today to moan about my bills, and have told them to change my meter to a card meter, i hope that will help as i think there is something wrong with it.
                    My daughter dosen't go as much now but she still needs to go to london once or twice a year for tests. I tryed to claim for her several times during her life, But they said as she would be less of a burden (I don't think she is a burden) once she had her spleen and gaul bladder removed, She was ill from birth and had her op when she was 10, For 10 years they could have helped with transport or a little fuel.
                    x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Can anybody Give me some idea of the letter i should send to the bank with the Income and expenditure form and can anybody see if i have mist any thing out and if there is any thing else i need to include.
                      Pretty Please
                      Millie Cat
                      x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Have you read through some of the other hardship claims on here, they are a good source of information for you on what you need to be doing now and let you know what to expect in the future x

Ladidi v Abbey - settlement offer ** SETTLED** - Legal Beagles

outspoken vs abbey - OFFER RECEIVED - Legal Beagles

Sorry I am not very good with letters so can't help you on that one x
                        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi all,
                          Can anybody tell me to whome and to were i am to send the income and expeniture form and letter too Its Barclays, or do i take it to my branch.
                          Please help i have looked and cant find it on here.
                          Thankyou,
                          Millie Cat.
                          x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Hi have a look at this and tell me what you think Please:

Barclays Bank PLC,
                            London Road,
                            Larkfield.
                            Kent,
                            Dear **********

I have recently been made aware of the updated criteria for financial hardship which have been defined by the Financial Services Authority in the updated version of the Complaints Handling Waiver.

I believe that I meet the defined criteria and request that you consider refunding the default charges you have taken from my account, which total £4010.45, I am currently Claiming in the maidstone court, claim no 7QZ80882 .

I have set out below the reasons I feel that I meet the qualifying criteria:-

I have been unemployed on and off since 1996. I gave up my job to be at home for my eldest daughter whome has a rare blood condition which caused her to have to visit the hospital frequently and often having to stay in for a week at a time my daughter finaly had a life saving operation in may 07.and we have been struggling financially ever since Coping on one wage. I am unable to return to work as i have got another daughter whome is still to young to be left un attended we are finding it increasingly difficult to cope financially.

We have had DD's reurned un paid to HFC bank, ALPF Bank These are both loans and Legal and genral which is our buildings & Contence insurence Which was required by our mortgage lender,we have all so had a few others that were re-entered a few days later and payed as we have found these payments increasingly difficult to maintain.

We have also had some DD's that that have been discontinued on our regular credits.
                            Our Virgin Credit card has been used for cash and doing the weekly food shop due to lack of funs and the intrest rate is very hight.
                            We have had to repetedly go over our overdraft and charges have reached well over £500 in the last 12 months

I have had to have my overdraft increased several times to due to these charges being taken from my account.
                            I trust that Barclays agree that my situation is one of significant and severe financial hardship and will undertake to resolve my claim and return the default charges of £4010.45 And i will endever to pay off my overdraft in full and to pay my virgin Credit card and if there is any left i will put that to any other outstanding bill.

Yours sincerely

Sorry i did take the jist from another beagle i hope i haven't upset anyone,
                            thank you.
                            Millie Cat
                            x x x Millie Cat x x x

Comment

Hi Millie,

In order to to get the banks to listen to you, as much evidence as you can muster to make your claim stand out as a hardship case the better. We have found on this site by sending everything together will help the banks to decide if your claim falls into the Hardship critera as defined under the FSA waiver rules.

You will also need to include most importantly with this letter and also state in your letter what evidences you are supplying:-

1. Your income and expenditure - to be done jointly with spouse!

2. Your current Bank Chgs spreadie with updated interest, the one that is in court with your claim on hold..

3. Copies of all evidences to support your claim. ie copies of the accounts where you have been drawing cash and the bank statements from HFC and Virgin showing the DD's being returned unpaid and charges being added.

4. Further evidences of arrears on Mortgage/Rent or utility bills. ( as stated in your letter you have outstanding bills)

5. Further evidences regarding your daughters health, maybe a letter, something to clarify this.

6. If you have been taken to court, and court documents!

7. Also include your bank account number - do not post it on this site but include it within your letter.

As another point are you currently claiming from Virgin, your charges back as well. If you have not done so, maybe this is also the time to start a claim with them. Also, are you currently with Barclays or is this a closed or an unused account!

You will see that I have corrected some of your letter with minor mistakes etc. I am sure Amy, who is much better than me with grammer will correct it further. I would amend the letter and post up again once you have added the additional bits and then we can take another look.

Tuttsi xx

Originally posted by millie cat View Post
                              Hi have a look at this and tell me what you think Please:

Barclays Bank PLC,
                              London Road,
                              Larkfield.
                              Kent,
                              Dear **********

I have recently been made aware of the updated criteria for financial hardship which have been defined by the Financial Services Authority in the updated version of the Complaints Handling Waiver.

I believe that I meet the defined criteria and request that you consider refunding the default charges you have taken from my account, which total £4010.45, I am currently My claim is currently stayed in the Maidstone Court under court ref: 7QZ80882. Claiming in the maidstone court, claim no 7QZ80882 .

I have set out below the reasons I feel that I meet the qualifying criteria:-

I have been unemployed on and off since 1996. I gave up my job to be at home for my eldest daughter whome has a rare blood condition which caused her to have to visit the hospital frequently and often having to stay in for a week at a time my daughter finaly had a life saving operation in may 07.and we have been struggling financially ever since Coping on one wage. I am unable to return to work as i have got another daughter aged..... whome is still to young to be left un attended we are finding it increasingly difficult to cope financially.

We have had many DD's reurned un paid to HFC bank, ALPF Bank These are both loans and Legal and genral which is our buildings & Contence insurence Which was required by our mortgage lender,we have all so had a few others that were re-entered a few days later and paid payed as we have found these payments increasingly difficult to maintain.

We have also had some DD's that that have been discontinued on our regular credits.
                              Our Virgin Credit card has been used for cash and doing the weekly food shop due to lack of funs and the intrest rate is very hight.
                              We have had to repetedly go over our overdraft and charges have reached well over £500 in the last 12 months.

I have had to have my overdraft increased several times to due to these charges being taken from my account.

I trust that Barclays agree that my situation is one of significant and severe financial hardship and will undertake to resolve my claim and return the default charges of £4010.45 And i will endevour endever to pay off my overdraft in full and to pay my Vvirgin Credit card and if there is any left Ii will put that to pay any other outstanding bills.

Yours sincerely

Sorry i did take the jist from another beagle i hope i haven't upset anyone,
                              thank you.
                              Millie Cat

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X