• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EGG CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGG CCA

Hi

I am new to the forum and would like some advise. I had an egg card that went in to arrears and got sent to a debt collection agency for a sum of around 7k. The agency Collect direct I asked for a settlement figure of 5k as a settlement. I wrote to Egg and the agency several time to provide me with a breakdown of charges and confirmation that on paying the 5k the default will be satisfied and that the Debt agency has the authority to make this offer. I spoke with egg on the phone who told me that if I pay the 5k the account will appear on my credit file as partially satisfied.

To cut a long story short after the 3rd letter I asked for a copy again of the CCA that I signed which I thought had to be legally provided with 28 days I posted this in early November, In mid december I received a letter from the Collection agency saying that they were unable to locate the CCA but because I was usuing the account for over 5 years that is proof.

I do want to pay EGG but they have not replied but have sent communication through Collect Direct the agency who I find very hard to trust. The last communication came almost six weeks later informing me that egg could not find the DCA, only on the payment of 7k will the account show as satisfied and under no circumstances will egg rmove the default.

I wanted to know if there is anyway I can have the default removed on payment if they are not able to provide me a copy of the credit card agreement, I cannot seem to remember even getting one.
    :tinysmile_cry_t:

Re: EGG CCA

Well NO CCA = No Enforceable debt or right's to process your personal data.

Problem is if you want the default removedd you will have to take this to court.

Comment

Thanks Curlyben.

I actually went to seek advice from a solicitor to see if they could write on my behalf as I was too ill to deal with. They seem to absolutely clueless and just asked me to make the full payment as the use of the account means the company does not need a CCA. I sent some of the extracts from the Consumer act 1974 and said that I am willing to pay even in full including the charges but I need to legally challenge the company on the default issue in the absense of a cca. I am so annoyed at the total lack of support from the solicitor, is there any advise yourself or anyone on the forum can give to construct a letter that may work or any further advise on how to handle this.

Comment

I too have a similar issue.... After posting a C.C.A. request i received a letter stating that "Unfortunately we are unable to enclose a copy of your signed credit agreement, as it's not available in our systems."...... What do i do now??? Do I have to ask the court to write off the agreement??? If I write to Egg will they not just grag it on an on telling me i must pay? Need help!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X