• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Backdated claims for Children's Tax Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdated claims for Children's Tax Credit

just a reminder as deadline is coming up

Backdated claims for Children's Tax Credit - In England

Children's Tax Credit was a tax allowance available for the tax years 2001/2002 and 2002/2003. It was then replaced by Child Tax Credit.
    However, if you were entitled to get Children's Tax Credit during those tax years and didn't make a claim, you may still be able to make a backdated claim. You can make a backdated claim for a tax allowance for up to six years.
    The last date for claiming Children's Tax Credit for the tax year 2002/2003 is 31 January 2009. If you think you would have been entitled to get it, you need to hurry to make sure you don't miss out.
    You can get a claim form and notes explaining how to apply from HM Revenue and Customs website at www.hmrc.gov.uk.
    For more information about Child Tax Credit, see Benefits for families and children.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Backdated claims for Children's Tax Credit

Thanks Ame,

I have downloaded the form and already completed it an it now in the post. It looks like from the notes that only one year is available - but we will see what happens.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention, it would have been money missed and totally overlooked.

You are a star :santa2:

XXXXXX
    Last edited by TUTTSI; 29th December 2008, 14:23:PM. Reason: added some words

Comment

WOW....we should get £529 for the one year according this. But it does seem that we have missed out on the previous year. However, this is great news for us and it will certainly help us for 2009.

I would definately follow Ame's link as there is no charges involved, the form was dead easy to complete it took all of 5 minutes. This site which demonstrates how much you can get charges £94+ VAT for the priviledge of using them.

I was thinking is it worth trying to claim the earlier year(s) using the limitations act! as it says in the blurb that this allowance was poorly advertised by Inland Revenue.

Welcome to the Tax Credits Rebate Website

Millions of pounds are owed to UK parents and families.
      The year before tax credits were introduced, there was a different allowance available which was very poorly publicised by the Inland Revenue, now HMRC. You can still claim this £529 - £1,048 allowance and this website has been setup to help you do so.
      IMPORTANT: Claims must be submitted by the 31st January 2009 deadline.

You are eligible to claim £529 allowance if:
      • You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.
      • The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003.
      • You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003.

You are eligible to claim £1,048 allowance if:

You can answer yes to the above questions and one of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003.

Notes
      • Making the claim does not affect your current or future working / child tax credits.
      • Your marital status does not affect your claim. You may be eligible, if you were single, married or living with a partner.
      • You or your partner has to have earned £6,000+ in the 2002/2003 tax year.
      • If you have claimed the allowance back in 2002, you cannot claim it now.
      • If your final tax code on your April 03 P60 ended in a H or a T, you have already had the allowance. (If you are not sure, please apply and we will check it for you.)
      • Entitlements Agency will retain any interest and £94exc vat for processing/administration
      Last edited by Amethyst; 7th March 2009, 12:34:PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

just to repeat an important note - DO NOT USE that website Tuttsi has quoted to reclaim the tax credits. they are not part of the government and they charge a fee of £94 - nice story from BBC - BBC NEWS | Business | Reclaim firms rake in customers

go to the HMRC site - 11CTCClaim for Children's Tax Credit - download this form 11CTCClaim for Children's Tax Credit and return to ..... HM Revenue & Customs, 9th Floor, Castle House, 31 Lisbon Street, Leeds LS1 4SW.

MOST people will have received this when it was available at the time. Over 75% of applications are turned down, so don't be too excited, but if you didn't claim it then and would have been eligible, then only takes 5 minutes and a stamp to apply.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 29th December 2008, 22:14:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.

Millions of pounds are owed to UK parents and families.

The year before tax credits were introduced, there was a different allowance available which was very poorly publicised by the Inland Revenue, now HMRC. You can still claim this £529 - £1,048 allowance and this website has been setup to help you do so.
          IMPORTANT: Claims must be submitted by the 31st January 2009 deadline.

You are eligible to claim £529 allowance if:
          • You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.
          • The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003.
          • You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003.

You are eligible to claim £1,048 allowance if:

You can answer yes to the above questions and one of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003.

LINK REMOVED
          Last edited by Amethyst; 7th March 2009, 12:33:PM.
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Re: Do You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.

Ame, had already posted this up in December -

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14187

Comment

threads merged

PKea

Comment

I've just printed off the forms for this from taxcredits.org and only just noticed the bit about them retaining £94 excluding VAT and interest at the very bottom of the letter.

It is scandalous that this company has purposely designed its website to resemble a legitimate government agency and thereby deliberately misleading claimants into using their services. They even provide space for the names of three children when you can only claim for one child.

They also conveniently do not mention that once you complete and return their downloaded forms, which include authority to deal with HMRC with regard to this [tax credit] issue you also give them authority to deal with all your tax issues up until such time as you write to them and cancel said arrangement.

Comment

Thats terrible, absolutely terrible.

Comment

Yep which is why we said don't use that site lol - there have been loads of complaints about the site and a few press articles telling people to use the goverment direct rather than some random claims ambulance chasing scumbuckets.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                      I've just printed off the forms for this from taxcredits.org and only just noticed the bit about them retaining £94 excluding VAT and interest at the very bottom of the letter.

It is scandalous that this company has purposely designed its website to resemble a legitimate government agency and thereby deliberately misleading claimants into using their services. They even provide space for the names of three children when you can only claim for one child.

They also conveniently do not mention that once you complete and return their downloaded forms, which include authority to deal with HMRC with regard to this [tax credit] issue you also give them authority to deal with all your tax issues up until such time as you write to them and cancel said arrangement.
                      Amy don't use that company, go directly through the WFTC. Go to their site and claim your entitlements for free, I have.
                      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

USE THIS ONE

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        go to the HMRC site - 11CTCClaim for Children's Tax Credit - download this form 11CTCClaim for Children's Tax Credit and return to ..... HM Revenue & Customs, 9th Floor, Castle House, 31 Lisbon Street, Leeds LS1 4SW.

Comment

I have used HMRC directly.

I'm not about to pay some fly-by-night chancers to do what I can for free.

Comment

Has anybody who put a claim in heard from them! we are still waiting and not even an acknowledgement.
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 4th March 2009, 21:09:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

My Boss, my colleague and I all entered our claims.

They have both been informed they have already received their tax credits - I have heard nothing at all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X