• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

While the OFT mess around....what do you want to know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While the OFT mess around....what do you want to know?

Ok, this is called desperation. If you need any topic with regards to NatWest Bank, apart from me, then put your suggestions down here and I am sure in time i can work on it and get some information out that everyone wants to know about. NO TOPIC is OFF TOPIC but i will in the course of time do a thread based on your suggestions.

THIS COULD BE A DANGEROUS THING

Nattie, any comments on Natwest’s latest wheeze, in offering full settlement with the following choices:

1) Accept the offer. But in doing so you have to agree to pay a monthly account fee of £10 in order to reduce the unarranged borrowing fees and all other fees that can be incurred such as the £28 they charge for unarranged borrowing would be reduced to £17.00 if paying the £10.00 fee

2) Continuing the existing banking arrangements and withdrawing the complaint ie no refund

3) Send the complaint to the financial ombudsman if you don’t agree with any of the above

4) Accept the refund, but pay off any existing overdrafts and loans and close your NatWest accounts

Comment

1) There is no such offer on the table, the letters being sent out were advising of a different account which was what I referred to on the other site as the bog off account. It was introduced in January and was one that would be dealt with centrally but the account holder would have a card but would not be allowed any standing orders or direct debits on the account nor an overdraft or cheque book. The offer letters have been misconstrued with the announcement of this other account as being one in the same, which they are not.

2) Not heard of that one, and believe me, i would have. My haunts is not just here but MSE, PC(they have a section called Banks Dirty Tricks) who receive huge amounts of posts which I would have been aware of if that had happened.

3) Not heard of that one either as people are going or were going to the FOS prior to 1 and 2.

4) The overdrafts and debts in general have been caused by the charges themselves. The cases I have heard of where this has happened have been cases already at Credit Management Services and in the process of being closed prior to starting the process. HOWEVER, I have read a small minority of cases where I believe from all the factors that I would consider for the account being at that original point, have been closed directly as a result of claiming. There is a remedy in the Financial Ombudsman who can if they agree with the same scenario, can award compensation because of it.
      I hope I have answered the initial questions and am pleased to answer more.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X