• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statement Frequency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement Frequency

Hopefully this will be a quickie.

I know there was a recent change that requires OC's to send regular statements. Problem is I can't remember the required frequency or even what regulations are actually in force here.

I do remember that unless the OC complies with this they cannot demand payments until they comply.

Could any one help out a befuddled mind ??

Re: Statement Frequency

Well the lad has just had his from Lombard. It is an annual statement prepared in conjunction with the new CCA requirements. Maybe the regulations you are after are in there. Enaid x

Comment

Cheers Di.
      Yep I found the section: Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c. 14)

CCA 2006 s6 and it's an annual statement on the agreements anniversary.

Comment

Yes it states the anniversary, the amount and length of loan and also what payments have been made, must now be forwarded

Comment

Ooh does this apply to all loans?

I have had my first ever statement from NR but also have a secured loan taken out in Feb 2006.

Have not had a statement from the secured loan so does this mean that if I don't get one by 31st Dec they are in deep doo doo?

Comment

Originally posted by grimbell View Post
            Ooh does this apply to all loans?

I have had my first ever statement from NR but also have a secured loan taken out in Feb 2006.

Have not had a statement from the secured loan so does this mean that if I don't get one by 31st Dec they are in deep doo doo?
            Hi Grimbell,
            Click on the link of CB's in his earlier post it gives you all the details on there.
            Enaid x

Comment

Doesn't say what has to be in the statement though. The one I got from NR showed haw much the loan was at beginning and what has been paid, what is outstanding and interest rate.

If this is what has to be in it then it will be interesting to get one from secured loan as they never want to tell you anything.

Comment

Grim, this should answer your question:
                Originally posted by CB
                it's an annual statement on the agreements anniversary
                Bear in mind this became law April last year, so your Feb 06 agreement was missed, but should be picked up this year.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X