• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds Loan

I currently have a loan with Lloyds and earlier this year my wife had to go into hospital for a rather serious operation which meant that she was nearly 3 months off work. Like alot of ppl we rely on two incomes to pay bills and debts. I contacted Lloyds to ask if we could take a holiday from our loan. They said no (you could almost hear them rubbing their hands with glee at the looming bank charges). After struggling for a while i managed to find a second job. As i get paid on the 26th of the month I asked at my local branch if our loan could be shifted to this date as there would then always be enough money in the account to cover it. Although it was not their responcibility to organise this they kindly did it for me. This was in October. They also agreed to give us a concession on our loan reducing the monthly payment by £100. In October the 26th fell on a Sunday and they would be unable to take the money from our account (totally untrue we have many transactions which leave our account on a Sunday). It was therefore agreed that the money should leave our account on Friday the 24th. Not a problem as I would still have been paid on this date. In November however the money left our account on the 25th and there were not enough funds in our account to cover the loan. After a phonecall it was discovered that Lloyds had now convenientley moved the payment date to the 25th
    . After an appology from the person on the other end of the line he stated that he had now definately registered the payment date as being the 26th. Perfect....no! This month (December) they have taken the payment out excluding the concession(which I have in writing should last for six months) on the 15th and guess what. That leaves us over our overdraft limit and more bank charges. Firstly is there any compensation that I can claim for this level of stupidity and can I charge the bank the same rate as they charge me for corespondence?
    Many thanks

Re: Lloyds Loan

Hello Ninjanick and a warm welcome to Beagles.
    I am not the one who can answer your questions, but it is good to see you have most of this in writing.
    Hopefully someone will be along soon and put you straight.
    Enaid x

Comment

How do you make the payments - by direct debit?

Do you have the payment collection date in writing as well as the concession.

Sounds like the person who sorted out the problem with the 25th changed it back to the previous 15th date rather than the interim 26th date.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

How did you manage to get them to give you a concession payment, I have been banging my head against a brick wall for months trying to get them to do this, so no further forward. they just keep taking the payment even though i cancelled the direct debit. they make me go over drawn each time, i have now opened a new account to have my benefits paid into.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X