• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SERVICE CHARGES-LANDLORDS/commercia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERVICE CHARGES-LANDLORDS/commercia

I just want to ask a couple of question s-

One of my client's has been asking (on my advice) to get a copy of all the service charges invoices that they are charging him for. I found that the RICS code of practice for commerial properties states that they have a duty to provide documentary evidences appertaining to service charges on request.

The landlords agents have now stated that they do not have to adhere to these codes of practice as they are not LAW or binding on their part.

My question is:-

1. If my boss sends a SAR request with £10 were to be sent to request this info, do they have to adhere to that and supply all the documentary evidences that has been requested.

2. If they do not supply this evidence under a SAR, what recourse does my boss have, is it the Informationer Commisioner that would want to know!

3. And or, can a compaint to RICS under their code of practice enforce these peeps to supply this info.

Thanks

Re: SERVICE CHARGES-LANDLORDS/commercia

A SAR is a Subject Access Request, hence referign to an individual, not sure if this works witha company, although there must be something similar

My wife does these types of invoices, ie billing tenants fro electricity etc, if that is what you are refering to, I will ask if she knows.
    The service charges will be invoiced to the company so they shoudl be the evidence.

Re the SAR that also refers to personal info, so an elctric bill wouldnt be covered unless you were sending the sar direct to the electric company and you were its customer.

Thats my intial take on it

Comment

I have some questions from Kel, which I will post tomorrow, then hopefully we can clarify more for you

PKea

Comment

Any questions, Pk fire away!

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X