• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jax v Nationwide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jax v Nationwide

I want to start or rather resurrect a claim for bank charges with Nationwide.

I have part of the claim stayed in MCOL (September 2001 to October 2003 for £3393) which is a split claim on the advice of an OTR at the time.

What is the situation in view of the OFT Case ruling as Nationwide sits differently from the other banks I believe.

Should I start the claim again from scratch up to present date and if so is there a specific letter that needs to be sent to Nationwide?

Thanx
    jax

Re: jax v Nationwide

They advised you to split your claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      They advised you to split your claim?
      Yes they did Amy ( it wasn't OTR as we know OTR ) it was another site.

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
        Yes they did Amy ( it wasn't OTR as we know OTR ) it was another site.
        Oh! I'm with you now.

Comment

What are your views on what I should do and what is the situation with Nationwide v OFT situation re claiming?

jax

Comment

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
            I want to start or rather resurrect a claim for bank charges with Nationwide.

I have part of the claim stayed in MCOL (September 2001 to October 2003 for £3393) which is a split claim on the advice of an OTR at the time.

What is the situation in view of the OFT Case ruling as Nationwide sits differently from the other banks I believe.

Should I start the claim again from scratch up to present date and if so is there a specific letter that needs to be sent to Nationwide?

Thanx
            jax
            Reposting for opinion please
            Ta
            jax

Comment

IMO, unless you feel you have a chance of convincing Nationwide that you are a "hardship" case then I seriously think there is absolutley no point in wasting anytime on doing anything with this claim until the test case is resolved.

Should you not be happy with whatever the High Court eventually instruct the county courts to use as a guidleline for settling stayed claims then you can of course press ahead with your stayed court claim at that time, taking the opportunity to correct the claim to include all of your charges plus a "proper" calculation of interest.

To be honest Jax, I think you would be far better spending your time and effort on getting some of your credit card claims file in court Jax.

Budgie

Comment

Thanks Bud will do! Am actually borderline just now so will keep this in abeyance and go for the CCs as you suggest!

Ta
                jax

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X