• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Originally posted by ssteveyg1001 View Post
    Hi,

I see Direct Auto Finance went into administration. Who do I send my SAR to please as I no longer have my paperwork.

Thank you.

Steve.

Hi Steve

I take it Direct Finance were the ones who arranged and set up your account?
    Whoever the lender is (who you paid the monthly payments to) you can request a SAR with them.

How long ago was it when you taken it out?

If from 14 Jan 2005, you may be able to deal with the complaint through the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS), they will accept the lender's paperwork (copies) of when you make a claim, as all details will be with the lender anyway, despite it sold by the stated dealer.

So what you could do if you've not done so yet is contact the FSCS and ask if the business (who have gone down under) are listed with them, they do have lists on their website, but not all are shown, which is why its worth ringing them, failing that, post back and there are other ways around this if it comes to it.

Details of the FSCS below.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by ssteveyg1001 View Post
    Hi,

I see Direct Auto Finance went into administration. Who do I send my SAR to please as I no longer have my paperwork.

Thank you.

Steve.

Welcome to Legal Beagles by the way!
    Last edited by di30; 9th February 2012, 10:14:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes Car Credit is a trading title of Direct Auto Finance Ltd

it was only yes car that went tits up

DAF have not 'gone'.
      its a non trading company
      They still exist and are still dealing with existing accounts. Their parent - Provident Financial has underwritten their debt according to their accounts so you can still pursue them.

1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...GMq8gw&cad=rja

Comment

Originally posted by Differentjudge View Post
        Do you remember when Yes Car Credit was on the programme "Whistleblowers" (BBC 1) a few years back?????

Well i was the person who was the whistleblower. I got the investigative reporter richard Newman the job at croydon and helped him with what to say to get a reaction from the management .

Any inside information required on this company, just ask
        I did see something about Yes on the OFT website, in the enforcement section... something about their credit licence being revoked/refused.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I bought a car from Yes Car Credit (Leeds) in Sept 2005, just before they went bust. It does now seem that I can claim back the PPI I was 'forced' to take out at the time, despite pointing out that it didn't cover me for anything. (I was told by the salesman that I had to pay for it anyway or they'd refuse the HP)

Unfortunately I cannot currently find the paperwork from my agreement. So what are my options? Is there anywhere I can find the agreement number etc? And who would I be claiming against? One agency referred me to ACF, who said they are nothing to do with YCC. What about Direct Auto Fianance? I cannot seem to find any contact details for them on the internet, so am at a bit of a loss. I would really appreciate any light at the end of this tunnel!

Comment

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...GMq8gw&cad=rja

all claims ref yes car are from the parent company direct auto finance

they to have gone bust and have been taken over by providant who you now need to contact

Comment

Hi Sarah and welcome

Have you tried requesting for a copy of the Agreement in writing, by enclosing £1 cheque or postal order? You can do this and state that you expect to receive this by 12 to 14 days of the date of the letter.
              If you cannot find the account number, any bank statements where you paid the monthly repayments may enclose this, or call into the bank where you paid the repayments via direct debit and request they check this out for you.

Now I note you say the business have now gone bust, in this case I understand as you take out the policy in Sept 2005, they would have had to be regulated by the FSA, so in this case with them going bust I believe your not able to go directly to them to make a reclaim, but you should be eligible to do so by making the reclaim through the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
              However, depending on how long ago they went bust, you may still be able to make the reclaim to YES if they've not long gone bust, so in this case I would contact them first and ask if they are accepting letters of complaints.

If they confirm no, then contact the FSCS and ask if they yet have YES listed with them.
              It may be the case that they are listed, but not yet gone in default.
              As soon as they've been declared in default, the FSCS will then start dealing with the reclaims.

Many who are eligible have had to go this direction, if the business you taken out the finance with goes down under, and if regulated by the FSA (they should have been).

If you prefer, contact the FSCS first, where they may confirm at what stage they are at with YES, or they may state that YES are still currently dealing with complaints.

Hope this helps, wishing you luck, please post for further help if required, and we will help all we can.

Details of the FSCS.
              http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

Comment

I saw your post and I think that I could benefit from any help that you maybe able to give me, I got a car with DAF in March 1999 and I wanted to know if it would be worth me trying to get my PPI back.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Lady View Post
                  I saw your post and I think that I could benefit from any help that you maybe able to give me, I got a car with DAF in March 1999 and I wanted to know if it would be worth me trying to get my PPI back.

Many thanks
                  Hi there

And yes I can't see why not.

Do you still have details of the account?

You pursue whoever arranged the policy, complaints dept or head office, I note you said DAF, was it these that arranged the policy? and do you know if these are still active?

Below will take you to some useful information of reclaiming (if you're unsure), and then there is a reclaim questionnaire you complete and sent to make a reclaim-complaint, always keep copies of everything you send them, just in case you have to refer back to it again at some point.
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ASE-READ-FIRST

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

Or if you prefer to write a letter of complaint, help here;

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...iminary-Letter

Let us know how you get on, and for any further help, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Differentjudge View Post
                    Do you remember when Yes Car Credit was on the programme "Whistleblowers" (BBC 1) a few years back?????

Well i was the person who was the whistleblower. I got the investigative reporter richard Newman the job at croydon and helped him with what to say to get a reaction from the management .

Any inside information required on this company, just ask

Hi could you please help me start my ppi claim ? i have no idea where to start as ive seen so many horror stories how hard it is to claim any money off them. hope someone notices this post. any feedback would help or email me diane.colley@sky.com. many thanks xx

Comment

Originally posted by dianejc View Post
                      Hi could you please help me start my ppi claim ? i have no idea where to start as ive seen so many horror stories how hard it is to claim any money off them. hope someone notices this post. any feedback would help or email me diane.colley@sky.com. many thanks xx
                      Hi and welcome Diane.

Yes we can try to help you all we can, and below I have left a link so that you can start a thread of your own and subject it as well, so that we do not get confused with others, hope this helps, you will see a part on top of the left hand side where it says new thread.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nce-reclaiming

Comment

Just to post this up for you too to make it easier for you.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ewthread&f=125

Comment

I have had my claim rejected by the Financial Ombudsman as they say I ticked the boxes which I didn't but I did sign underneath. I also had no other way of making repayments and I didn't have a history of consolidating my debts. Anyone with some help or advice for my appeal due in 14 days to FOS would be most appreciated.

Comment

i cannot for the life of me understand why these claims are being rejected by the FOS

your appeal would be that yes car never did a statement of means or gave you a statement of price on these micky mouse insurance products

does not matter if you ticked the box or not

Comment

Dear different judge
                              Would you know where I could get a copy of the programme "Whistleblower". I have e-mailed the BFI for a copy and got an automated response saying it would be 5 working days before they could come back to me. I don't even know if they can get me a copy or how much it will cost. Would you believe that I bought my car and subsequent PPI from the Croydon branch. I have subsequently had my claim for the mis selling of PPI rejected by the Financial Ombudsman. Thus can't be good knees for people on this website waiting to make a claim after DAF say no. Don't lose heart people.

Comment

Hi SharonAndWillie, and welcome to you. I believe DISP APP 3.3.5 (below) backs up Militant's comment that ticking the box doesn't matter. If the FOS has given 'ticking the box' as a reason for rejecting the claim, then I would also reject their decision on the grounds that it appears to be entirely against the FSA rules, which the FOS are supposed to be using !!! This is becoming a trend, it seems, as I posted an almost identical reply here yesterday:-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...665#post294665

You may want to quote some of these. The FSA Handbook on PPI Redress contained within PS 10/12 states:

DISP APP 3.3.1 Where a complaint is made, the firm should assess the complaint fairly, giving appropriate weight and balanced consideration to all available evidence, including what the complainant says and other information about the sale that the firm identifies. The firm is not expected automatically to assume that there has been a breach or failing.
                                DISP APP 3.3.2 The firm should not rely solely on the detail within the wording of a policy's terms and conditions to reject what a complainant recalls was said during the sale.
                                DISP APP 3.3.3 The firm should recognise that oral evidence may be sufficient evidence and not dismiss evidence from the complainant solely because it is not supported by documentary proof. The firm should take account of a complainant's limited ability fully to articulate his complaint or to explain his actions or decisions made at the time of the sale.
                                DISP APP 3.3.4 Where the complainant's account of events conflicts with the firm's own records or leaves doubt, the firm should assess the reliability of the complainant's account fairly and in good faith. The firm should make all reasonable efforts (including by contact with the complainant where necessary) to clarify ambiguous issues or conflicts of evidence before making any finding against the complainant.
                                DISP APP 3.3.5 The firm should not reject a complainant's account of events solely on the basis that the complainant signed documentation relevant to the purchase of the policy.
                                DISP APP 3.3.9 In determining a particular complaint, the firm should (unless there are reasons not to because of the quality and plausibility of the respective evidence) give more weight to any specific evidence of what happened during the sale (including any relevant documentation and oral testimony) than to general evidence of selling practices at the time (such as training, instructions or sales scripts or relevant audit or compliance reports on those practices).

[ My emphasis added ]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X