Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Hi All

Ive got a PPI claim against Direct Auto Finance which has been stuck in limbo for a while and I am now ready to file the NI claim form after sending them the Prelim and LBA.
    Just want to know has anyone here on LB been successful making a claim against DAF?

bfxx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Quote Originally Posted by bloomingflower View Post
    Hi All

Ive got a PPI claim against Direct Auto Finance which has been stuck in limbo for a while and I am now ready to file the NI claim form after sending them the Prelim and LBA.
    Just want to know has anyone here on LB been successful making a claim against DAF?

bfxx
    Well, I never heard any but it worth a try, please let us know the details..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

just got a letter this morning, direct auto finance have agreed to refund my ppi plus interest at a rate of 8% per year from when my car finance started in april 2005 to whenever they decide to send the cheque, plus one hundred pounds compensation for my 'distress'. !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

2 years plus for a result!!--hopefully it will not be another 2 years to receive settlement!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You got there in the end - WELL DONE
    Please note that any advice given by me is from my own personal experiences and knowledge.

My site name is after General Tutts who who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i started trying to claim the ppi back in october 2008 and as for when i'll actually see any money.....well....they have to pay me the interest up to when they actually pay so its in their best interests to pay me as soon as!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well done! Always good to hear another success story!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Anychance of you posting something to do with the case, Im trying to do the same and could do with examples to work through. I sent a letter to them and I think they are being a little awkward. Went as far as spotting me on here and quoting me hah!!

OPbC
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Do you remember when Yes Car Credit was on the programme "Whistleblowers" (BBC 1) a few years back?????

Well i was the person who was the whistleblower. I got the investigative reporter richard Newman the job at croydon and helped him with what to say to get a reaction from the management .

Any inside information required on this company, just ask

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well mine was for a car loan company but not yes car, but they are awful and trying anything to avoid and have stupidly upped my payment a little and not offerd at all to lower it which is making me think they havnt canx it.
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Angry Re: Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

Quote Originally Posted by Differentjudge View Post
    Do you remember when Yes Car Credit was on the programme "Whistleblowers" (BBC 1) a few years back?????

Well i was the person who was the whistleblower. I got the investigative reporter richard Newman the job at croydon and helped him with what to say to get a reaction from the management .

I took out an account with this company in jan 2005 I have since paid it up in full and disposed of the paper work and I am in the process of trying to claim the ppi back but am stuck without the agreement/account no. any ideas i still have the vehicle?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    I took out an account with this company in jan 2005 I have since paid it up in full and disposed of the paper work and I am in the process of trying to claim the ppi back but am stuck without the agreement/account no. any ideas i still have the vehicle?
    Subject Access Request to the company in question with as much information as possible ie name, date of birth, address at the date the agreement was made, etc,etc,
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"

David Ogden Stiers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

cheque received from direct auto finance for £1,997.23p...........woohoo lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynurse View Post
    cheque received from direct auto finance for £1,997.23p...........woohoo lol
    hey! result! Good on ya
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ine=1372362244 Former Member of the not-so-exclusive "I Got Banned" Club
    Comments posted here reflect only personal opinion and do not constitute legal advice. Always seek advice from your own legal advisor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,

I see Direct Auto Finance went into administration. Who do I send my SAR to please as I no longer have my paperwork.

Thank you.

Steve.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ssteveyg1001 View Post
    Hi,

I see Direct Auto Finance went into administration. Who do I send my SAR to please as I no longer have my paperwork.

Thank you.

Steve.

Hi Steve

I take it Direct Finance were the ones who arranged and set up your account?
    Whoever the lender is (who you paid the monthly payments to) you can request a SAR with them.

How long ago was it when you taken it out?

If from 14 Jan 2005, you may be able to deal with the complaint through the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS), they will accept the lender's paperwork (copies) of when you make a claim, as all details will be with the lender anyway, despite it sold by the stated dealer.

So what you could do if you've not done so yet is contact the FSCS and ask if the business (who have gone down under) are listed with them, they do have lists on their website, but not all are shown, which is why its worth ringing them, failing that, post back and there are other ways around this if it comes to it.

Details of the FSCS below.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by ssteveyg1001 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you.

Steve.

Welcome to Legal Beagles by the way!
    Last edited by di30; 9th February 2012 at 10:14:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yes Car Credit is a trading title of Direct Auto Finance Ltd

it was only yes car that went tits up

DAF have not 'gone'.
    its a non trading company
    They still exist and are still dealing with existing accounts. Their parent - Provident Financial has underwritten their debt according to their accounts so you can still pursue them.

1 Godwin Street, Bradford, BD1 2SU

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...GMq8gw&cad=rja

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I did see something about Yes on the OFT website, in the enforcement section... something about their credit licence being revoked/refused.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I bought a car from Yes Car Credit (Leeds) in Sept 2005, just before they went bust. It does now seem that I can claim back the PPI I was 'forced' to take out at the time, despite pointing out that it didn't cover me for anything. (I was told by the salesman that I had to pay for it anyway or they'd refuse the HP)

Unfortunately I cannot currently find the paperwork from my agreement. So what are my options? Is there anywhere I can find the agreement number etc? And who would I be claiming against? One agency referred me to ACF, who said they are nothing to do with YCC. What about Direct Auto Fianance? I cannot seem to find any contact details for them on the internet, so am at a bit of a loss. I would really appreciate any light at the end of this tunnel!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...GMq8gw&cad=rja

all claims ref yes car are from the parent company direct auto finance

they to have gone bust and have been taken over by providant who you now need to contact

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi Sarah and welcome

Have you tried requesting for a copy of the Agreement in writing, by enclosing £1 cheque or postal order? You can do this and state that you expect to receive this by 12 to 14 days of the date of the letter.
    If you cannot find the account number, any bank statements where you paid the monthly repayments may enclose this, or call into the bank where you paid the repayments via direct debit and request they check this out for you.

Now I note you say the business have now gone bust, in this case I understand as you take out the policy in Sept 2005, they would have had to be regulated by the FSA, so in this case with them going bust I believe your not able to go directly to them to make a reclaim, but you should be eligible to do so by making the reclaim through the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
    However, depending on how long ago they went bust, you may still be able to make the reclaim to YES if they've not long gone bust, so in this case I would contact them first and ask if they are accepting letters of complaints.

If they confirm no, then contact the FSCS and ask if they yet have YES listed with them.
    It may be the case that they are listed, but not yet gone in default.
    As soon as they've been declared in default, the FSCS will then start dealing with the reclaims.

Many who are eligible have had to go this direction, if the business you taken out the finance with goes down under, and if regulated by the FSA (they should have been).

If you prefer, contact the FSCS first, where they may confirm at what stage they are at with YES, or they may state that YES are still currently dealing with complaints.

Hope this helps, wishing you luck, please post for further help if required, and we will help all we can.

Details of the FSCS.
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I saw your post and I think that I could benefit from any help that you maybe able to give me, I got a car with DAF in March 1999 and I wanted to know if it would be worth me trying to get my PPI back.

Many thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cautious Lady View Post
    I saw your post and I think that I could benefit from any help that you maybe able to give me, I got a car with DAF in March 1999 and I wanted to know if it would be worth me trying to get my PPI back.

Many thanks
    Hi there

And yes I can't see why not.

Do you still have details of the account?

You pursue whoever arranged the policy, complaints dept or head office, I note you said DAF, was it these that arranged the policy? and do you know if these are still active?

Below will take you to some useful information of reclaiming (if you're unsure), and then there is a reclaim questionnaire you complete and sent to make a reclaim-complaint, always keep copies of everything you send them, just in case you have to refer back to it again at some point.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ASE-READ-FIRST

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...stionnaire.pdf

Or if you prefer to write a letter of complaint, help here;

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...iminary-Letter

Let us know how you get on, and for any further help, good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi could you please help me start my ppi claim ? i have no idea where to start as ive seen so many horror stories how hard it is to claim any money off them. hope someone notices this post. any feedback would help or email me diane.colley@sky.com. many thanks xx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dianejc View Post
    Hi could you please help me start my ppi claim ? i have no idea where to start as ive seen so many horror stories how hard it is to claim any money off them. hope someone notices this post. any feedback would help or email me diane.colley@sky.com. many thanks xx
    Hi and welcome Diane.

Yes we can try to help you all we can, and below I have left a link so that you can start a thread of your own and subject it as well, so that we do not get confused with others, hope this helps, you will see a part on top of the left hand side where it says new thread.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nce-reclaiming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast