• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff letter for Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff letter for Parking Fine

I just received a letter for a parking fine which hapened two years ago for a car I owned at the time. This is the second letter I am receiving and they are charging me £242.74 for a ticket i have no recolection of. I completely disregarded the first one thinking this was rubbish but I am a bit concerned now

Re: Bailiff letter for Parking Fine

Did the parking contravention occur two years ago as you wrote in chat that it was May 2006 and then, later you wrote May 2008?

Send the letter in post #2 of this thread. Trying it on or for real - Legal Beagles

Then read this thread for details of what to do next. Come back here if you have any questions.

Sister-in-Laws parking ticket/Bailiff visit - Legal Beagles

Comment

their letter stated May2006

Comment

having experienced the same thing in may last yr , 2 parking tickets that was sent to the wrong address i knew nothing abt these until i got letter from balliffs , i contacted leeds council to be told sort it with the balliffs , i rang the balliffs and they were very rude , rung leeds councill explained i knew nothing and that all letters from them and court went to wrong address and they did nothing , i even went to court and court couldnt do anything , balliffs came to house posted there balliff letter saying they coming back,i ened up paying £300 FOR TWO PARKING TICKETS i didnt have a clue abt and could do nothing abt

Comment

A friend mentioned that the baliffis will have to prove that indeed a ticket was issued for the car at the time

Comment

I actually ask the council for copys of the alledged tickets and was told wasnt possible , the letters ect was going to wrong address for 6mths only the balliffs found us at this address it was the first we knew any knowldege about these fines

Comment

Originally posted by vince View Post
              I actually ask the council for copys of the alledged tickets and was told wasnt possible , the letters ect was going to wrong address for 6mths only the balliffs found us at this address it was the first we knew any knowldege about these fines
              You can challenge this, as I have written above, look at post #9 on this thread Sister-in-Laws parking ticket/Bailiff visit - Legal Beagles

You do not need to simply ask, you can demand and they cannot refuse you. If I were you, I would recover this money and also claim compensation for the distress that his has caused you. You are not automatically liable for fines, in particular if you knew nothing about them and if the council and/or the bailiffs have acted unlawfully, then they must be taken to task over this.

You may still make a Statutory Declaration, which is a formal statement sworn under oath from you to the effect that an earlier stage in the procedure had not been completed or that you were not aware of what should happened before the debt was registered or a warrant was issued. Even if you have been visited by bailiffs and paid the amount requested you can still complete a Statutory Declaration, which, if successful will enable you to apply for a refund of the fees that you have been charged. In this case, you need to request an "Out of Time" Statutory Declaration. However, you should also note that it is a criminal offence to wilfully make a false statutory declaration.

Comment

Hello everyone,this is a fantastic site,I need a bit of help reguarding Equita Bailifs who are hounding me for £32 for administration costs as I was a couple of weeks late paying afine that was my fault.
                But this charge is still on my file and they are threating to come and get goods and/or my car.Do I pay or what.
                Thanks Lizz:cry:

Comment

Hi, it's my first post, I have searched all week for wrong address, knew nothing about it, bailiffs at the door etc, so you can imagine my relief to find this site.
                  To business; I am at the stage of having the OoTW Statement Appeal being confirmed by the council which they are being coy about confirming that they have passed the relevant documents to the Enforcement Agency in order to suspend Baillis action, and yes! another Bailiffs letter, would'nt you know just before the weekend, but the question that I would like to raise concerns the DVLA's role in all this mis-direction, I have tried 5 times in all to both alter the TYPO regarding my name and 2 yrs later my change of address which still took them nearly a year to reply too according to the Doc ref; dates, but the strange thing is this, why does a 07 batch numbered document (which they refute travels into the following year) from Jan 07(yes07) come back March 09 exactly 40 days after the ticket was issued by silent fine, CCTV door direct, the forty days is pertinent because according to their own web site you have 14 days lower charge and 28 days before the NtoO is sent, and my log book is 42 days outside of that date, a near miss but that could have been a thousand pound fine to the DVLA and i don't know about anyone else but the last thing I ever notice is when my DVLA stuff arrives in the post.
                  I do not recall any post from DVLA this year but still the date is doc ref; OO.03.09
                  Is it just me, oh!and next time I'll mention the change of dates on my Licence and the extra 6 months they slipped onto my endorsement after the hand written copy was returned.
                  Last strang thing before I go, I could swear that one of the Bailliffs that came to take the car was our old postman!
                  Enjoy your weekend.
                  Last edited by hnslow; 11th September 2009, 19:29:PM. Reason: !!

Comment

Help or advice needed please.

I apparantly received a parking fine in May 2011, there was no ticket on my car and I don't recall receiveing any notification for this fine. I moved house and sold the car in July 2011. I then get a call from the new resident of my old house saying a bailiff has been round and left a notification, not in any envelope, saying I owe Marstons/Swindon Magistates £330.00!!!!

I spoke to the Bailiff and he said there is NO way round this, a letter was apparantly sent to my old address and it isnt 'his' fault that it wasnt forwarded to me......

He also said if I had paid within the 7 days as the letter said, the fine would of been £80, so thats an extra £250 for ONE visit.

Due I have ANY chance of just paying the original fine AND is it morally right or legal to charge £250 for one bailiff visit??, can they charge whatever they want.

Should I go to the Magistates in my old town to plead my innocence and try and pay the original fine or would I be wasting a 2 hour drive and my time.

Any advise would be great as I have till Monday to cough up???

Comment

Just to alert people, this post has a thread of its own now, so please post replies on there!

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Sorry folks, new to this and didnt realise I could post my own thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by amate View Post
                          I just received a letter for a parking fine which hapened two years ago for a car I owned at the time. This is the second letter I am receiving and they are charging me £242.74 for a ticket i have no recolection of. I completely disregarded the first one thinking this was rubbish but I am a bit concerned now

Hi amate.
                          yours is quite easy and straight forward but act fast before the bailiffs arrive all parking tickets are generated by Northhampton county court bulk center on behalf of most local authorities.
                          Look for there web site and you will get a contact number, Contact them and tell them that you never received NOTICE TO KEEPER and that you where until now unaware of any fines outstanding on your vehicle.
                          They will email the relevant forms direct to yourself print these off fill them in but do not sign them take them down to your local courts and then sign them in front of a court official.
                          Once signed copy and send the originals by recorded post to North Hampton countu courts. and send a copy to the issuing council.
                          What happens next is the courts will freeze the warrant and send them to the authority issuing them.
                          They then have to send a copy of notice to keeper and this will revert back to its original costs once received PAY IT. This can also take several weeks i have just done this for my friend and what was 400.00 plus is now £30.00 It is also wise to keep a third copy in case a bailiffs attendance before a hold is put on the warrant.
                          If So advise them that you a sworn a Statuary declaration at your local courts and produce a copy of the forms it is also wise to ask the courts to stamp them.
                          Last edited by misterd; 16th February 2012, 14:36:PM. Reason: MORE INFO

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X