• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Copying others posts to other forums - please give credit where its due

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying others posts to other forums - please give credit where its due

I've found this very enlightening, as have we all. especially Brown1950 who seems to be absolutely riveted by it. But obviously hasn't got the brains or the courtesy (could be either, I'm not sure) to change even one single word before he cuts and pasts it onto CAG.

Whilst I'm sure that CAG members are grateful to have it posted over there, I really think it's nothing short of plagiarism to simply copy and paste then give no credit to the original author. Surely no-one would want people thinking that this was there own origianl work when in fact it's the hard work of other people. Credit where it's due - not when it's been quite blatantly diverted from someone else!
    Is no longer here

Re: Appeals Day Three now

An excellent summary, Amethyst.

My only concern would be that your reports bear a remarkable resemblance to those posted on the Consumer Action Group by one Brown1950 and it appears you have copied them word for word, posted them here and passed them off as your own work.

I only hope, for your sake, that you sought prior permission from Brown as infringement of copyright can land you in an awful lot of trouble.

Comment

Ame is obviously also telepathetic (Amongst her many other attributes) as the posts over here invariably were posted before the posts on CAG.
      Is no longer here

Comment

I also have the remarkable power to see into the future. The posts are really EXC's hard work for attending the test case and putting up with my kids screaming in the background whil ehe tries to read out his notes down the phone.

( it appears Wendy is also telephathic pmsl)
        Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd November 2008, 15:47:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

isn't that what I meant? I knew that crystal ball would come in handy one day........
          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
            Ame is obviously also telepathetic (Amongst her many other attributes) as the posts over here invariably were posted before the posts on CAG.
            I see.

In that case, to save me amending my post. please substitute 'Amethyst' with 'Brown1950' and visa versa.

Comment

I've found this very enlightening, as have we all. especially Brown1950 who seems to be absolutely riveted by it. But obviously hasn't got the brains or the courtesy (could be either, I'm not sure) to change even one single word before he cuts and pasts it onto CAG.

Whilst I'm sure that CAG members are grateful to have it posted over there, I really think it's nothing short of plagiarism to simply copy and paste then give no credit to the original author. Surely no-one would want people thinking that this was there own origianl work when in fact it's the hard work of other people. Credit where it's due - not when it's been quite blatantly diverted from someone else!
              I am going to disagree with you on that point WendyB, cos amethyst keeps writing legal beagle's at the bottom which I think it gives a perfect source as to where the details are coming from.
              I do agree that he has kinda copied and pasted it but you know by now that links from CAG to here is not permited according to their site rules and you have to kinda accept that element of it.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                I am going to disagree with you on that point WendyB, cos amethyst keeps writing legal beagle's at the bottom which I think it gives a perfect source as to where the details are coming from.
                I do agree that he has kinda copied and pasted it but you know by now that links from CAG to here is not permited according to their site rules and you have to kinda accept that element of it.
                Sorry I know I'm going off topic but not for long.

Nattie, Ame has only just started writing Legal Beagles at the bottom. If you look at the earlier posts on CAG there was absolutley no reference whatsoever to Amethyst, Legal Beagles or God's Dog for that matter. He hasn't "kinda copied and pasted it" he has copied and pasted it. Word for word. And given absolutely no inkling to anyone that it wasn't his own work. So you can disagree all you like, I'm disagreeing right back at ya!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

There you go, we can get back to the Test Case malarkey now.
                Is no longer here

Comment

Sorry I know I'm going off topic but not for long.

Nattie, Ame has only just started writing Legal Beagles at the bottom. If you look at the earlier posts on CAG there was absolutley no reference whatsoever to Amethyst, Legal Beagles or God's Dog for that matter. He hasn't "kinda copied and pasted it" he has copied and pasted it. Word for word. And given absolutely no inkling to anyone that it wasn't his own work. So you can disagree all you like, I'm disagreeing right back at ya!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

There you go, we can get back to the Test Case malarkey now.
                  WendyB, I didn't spot the earlier ones ie the ones before today(that is a breach of CAG rules re copyrighted material), but is LB happy Michael is posting stuff on their forum as well? Again no link to the source and I apologise for clarifying this element as Michael is certainly doing this in good faith.

Comment

Micheal is fine and I thanked him earlier for doing it, he isn't passing it off as his own work, he's stating the info comes from elsewhere. Its not a link anyone wants, just not plagurism.

I might shift these posts about copywrite to a seperate thread as we seem to keep flopping off the subect in hand. Hope thats okay with all
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Fine by me Ame - can i name the thread please??
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Copying others posts to other forums - please give credit where its due

OK, would like to state here, for the record, that I do not want any material that I personally post on LB to be copied across to any other site, without the person who intends to do so first asking me personally, via PM for my permission.

Anyone who is intending to post any of my original material on to CAG should note that they needn't bother asking for permission, because it will not be granted.

Budgie
                        Last edited by Budgie; 3rd November 2008, 20:20:PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Amethyst. My initial viewpoint had been from todays posts only. WendyB, I rarely see that forum on CAG as a guest, as I am no longer posting or logging into the site. I guess I tend to look at the obvious forum and the other obvious forum in case there is a pattern emerging on those sections. I have seen the Acquitas post(apologies but he had an interesting post unconnected to any posts on this forum which I thought were interesting with Bigmac Versus) but not really noticed Brown's postings until it was pointed out today. I made the assumption that it had only happened today and not last week. Apologies to all for the misunderstandings.

Comment

Aqueitas i like a lot, he makes some very good rational posts.(except i can't spell his name)

And thanks for the apologies, not necessary tho, hopefully is all cleared up now, and someone from CAG Team should be keeping an eye on that thread now so no worries.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X