• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fanni v MacKenzie Hall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanni v MacKenzie Hall

hi my partner recently recived a letter from mackenzie hall so we rang quoted the ref no and they told us my partner owed £975 when i quieried where this was from they told me the debt originated from the money shop but was then sold on before being passed onto mackenzie hall. i then told them that i wanted proof of where the debit came from and proof that it actually was my partner.as it was 4 year old. when we thought about it we realised that we used the money shop to cash a cheque i then contacted the money shop and got all details. it turns out that the cheque my partner was paid with bounced and when we have traced tghe cheque back the business has gone bust the cheque was dated the 6 sep 04 and the business didnt go into liquidation untill 28 sep 04. we have never recived any notice that this cheque had bounced and we were in the same property for 6 month afterwards and mackenzie hall told me the next address we lived at and we were at that address for a year but yet we still did not recive any notification. due to this fact when the company whos cheque it was went into liquidation beacuse it has took them 4 years to contact us we have now lost out on claiming the money back from the cheque. mackenzie hall are now sayin that they want full payment by the end of the week or they are taking my partner to court i explained that my partner is currently between jobs and has been on the sick for two years before so we did not have that kind of money so could we set up some kind of payment plan which they have declined and told me our only option is to pay in full or go to court. HELP!!!!

Re: Fanni v MacKenzie Hall

Okay - you used Money Shop to cash a cheque (salary cheque), and received the cash.

The cheque was then bounced as the company was on the verge of going under but you were not informed of this. The company then went into liquidation.

Mackenzie hall are now chasing you for the original amount of the cheque.

I don't know how these cash convertery type places work, would they not chase the company that issued the cheque ? Will have to look into it.

What documentation have mackenzie hall shown you, and have you the information about the cheque bouncing from the Money Shop in writing.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Fanni v MacKenzie Hall

mackienzie hall have not sent any paper work to prove its my partner.
      I went and got paperwork of a cheque from the money shop but mackenzie hall have not proved it is my partner.
      as far as the money shop goes they are not interested that the cheque bounced they are only concerned that they gave my partner the money and it needs paying back i am going to speak to them today they told me it would take weeks for them to send paperwork through now they are sayin we have till the end of the week so i am gonna try and stall them by saying they aint getting anything untill they prove it was my partner by the photo id used or a signature and im still waiting for the paper work from themselves. how can they say it will take weeks for paperwork to come then tell us we have till friday before it goes to court!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X