• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Right of Appropriation

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Right of Appropriation

If a bank informs you it will be taking money from your account to pay itself, for any reason, charges, offset of another account/loan, or just to be swallowed up by an unauthorised overdraft and you can't afford for them to take the money, then you MAY be able to use the Right of Appropriation to stop them taking the money temporarily.

You should take this letter to the bank at least 7 days before the payment is due in / they are due to take the money.

You need to tell the bank what date and the amount of the payment due in to the account, and the dates and amounts of payments that are essential to be paid.

The most common use of this right is to rescue your Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance from bank charges and enable it to still reach your landlord.

[your name ]
    [your address]

[date]

[bank name ]
    [bank address]

Dear Sir/Madam,

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION
    ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Benefit / Salary / tax credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent - Company/Landlord name/reference - due to be collected by Direct Debit on xx/xx/xxxx - £xx

Please ensure this payment is made.

I also need to appropriate the sum of £xxx for essential housekeeping and will withdraw this sum over the counter/by ATM on xx/xx/xxxx.

Please ensure this sum is available to me at that time and that any other payments out of my account or charges applied to my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.

If you have any doubt over my rights please contact your legal team.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]
    Last edited by Amethyst; 5th April 2009, 11:24:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X