• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

how can I protect my home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I protect my home?

I am paying back creditors through CCCS, and have been for the last year. Everything was fine until MBNA decided that they would take the balance (which is substantial) from my home once I sell. Our home is worth around 175000 now.

The property is joint owned by me and my girlfriend and I was wondering would I be able to put the whole property into her name to protect the investment from MBNA.
    All my other creditors are fine, its just MBNA which I now know is US owned.
    If I did this would the property be protected, as we have 2 boys and would need to get somewhere else to live.

Re: how can I protect my home?

Have MBNA actually taken you to court over this yet and obtained a Charging Order against your property or have you agreed a voluntary charge ??

If you could give us some more background on this we'll be able to assist better.

Comment

Hi there and welcome to LB

Can you clarify your situation a bit more please, with regards to
      MBNA decided that they would take the balance from my home once I sell
      Did they get a charging order on your property?

What involvement have CCCS had in this?

I presume this is a Credit Card debt?

PKea

Comment

A very warm and dry welcome Screenone to Legal beagles.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X