• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCI Financial Services

Rennie,

RE: TIME ORDER

You can go to your local County Court. It is really important that you phone the courts and ask for the correct form to complete and the cost involved.

Apart from the letter applying for the Time Order is of paramount urgency and should be done ASAP.

Regards

Comment

Can I just clarify have your recieved a 'default notice' or 'termination notice'

re Time orders from Tuttsi link
      1) How to apply before court action
      You need a claim form called an N1 which you have to fill in with supporting information called the "Particulars of Claim". You also need a full personal budget sheet and details of your circumstances. This should be taken to your local county court.
      There will be a fee of £150 to pay with your application. If you are on a low income or certain benefits you may not have to pay the fee.
      The creditor can put in a defence to the court objecting to your time order application. There will be a hearing and the district judge will decide whether to make a time order in your case.
      To confirm, at present you have only had a Default notice and NOT a Termination notice, correct?

Comment

ALso if you havent got a copy, these are their charges

Comment

I will find my county court and go in tomorrow and see what they say about paying as i dont have a penny to my name just now.

The covering letter says @please find enclosed default notice under the Consumer Credit Act 1974'. Then there is a sheet stapled on with the heading 'NOTICE OF DEFAULT UNDER CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974'

Yes, this is my first notice of default, And iv not had one before nor have i had a termination notice.

Comment

Hi Rennie not sure if this will help, this is a default noticed received by my daughter from RCI is the one you have the same?
            Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
              Hi Rennie not sure if this will help, this is a default noticed received by my daughter from RCI is the one you have the same?
              Hi Scottishlass,

Thanks for that, Yes it is the exact same as that one.

Unfortunately for me the arrears part has an ammount in there haha.

But yes, Its the exact same one , Obviously other than the ammounts and names etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rennie View Post
                Hi Scottishlass,

Thanks for that, Yes it is the exact same as that one.

Unfortunately for me the arrears part has an ammount in there haha. ha ha oh believe me so did that one

But yes, Its the exact same one , Obviously other than the ammounts and names etc.

Okay Rennie are you in Scotland ? cos it could make a difference as you can see it says (in scotland they may need to get a court order at any time)

Sl
                Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Yes, Im in Glasgow.

Comment

Hiya Rennie

I did not realise you were in Scotland and I am not ofey with Scottish Law. So I will ask someone to advise further.

Comment

Okay that might make a difference will wait for Tuttsi and PKea to have a look, doesn't mean they won't take it to court tho so the sooner you can get an arrangement in place the better, it would let the court see that you are willing to pay.

I did get them to agree to payments but my daughter didn't keep up with them.

Comment

No problem guys. I understand laws are different in England and Scotland.

Comment

I have just Googled and found this - TIME ORDERS in Scotland:-

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=10&gl=uk

The good news in Scotland the application is free.

In contrast, the Debtors (Scotland) Act 1987 makes provision for all applications made under
                          the act to be free of charge to the debtor (Debtors (Scotland) Act, S96). It costs £120 to
                          make an application for a time order in the County Courts in England, so debtors there could
                          be seen as even less likely to be able to utilise this procedure
                          In contrast, the Debtors (Scotland) Act 1987 makes provision for all applications made under
                          the act to be free of charge to the debtor (Debtors (Scotland) Act, S96). It costs £120 to
                          make an application for a time order in the County Courts in England, so debtors there could
                          be seen as even less likely to be able to utilise this procedure
                          Last edited by TUTTSI; 2nd October 2008, 15:27:PM. Reason: additions

Comment

SL,
                            Do you have a thread on here re your daughters case, if so can you pop the link to it please.
                            It be beneficial for Rennie to have a read through.

Rennie,

How soon can you get the money together for the first payment plus part arrears?

You need to get a letter off ASAP stating your intentions to make payments again plus arrears and quote a date when they will get first payment (pref before the default date) also ask for their banking info so you can set up to make further payments after the initial cheque.

Then send another letter with the cheque for the first payment along with the DD form if you had recieved it.

Also, I would ask for a statement of your account as well, beacuse you will have incurred charges, but we can sort that afterwards.

Another thing do not phone them or discuss matters on the phone, make sure everythign is in writing, so that if it does go to court, you can show that you have made attempts to pay them and settle the arrears.

I will see if i can get hold of my old thread and post it up for you as well.
                            I will also see if I have copies of my letters when I get home

PKea

Comment

Here is the Linkhttp://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3993&page=3

Afraid it's not a happy ending tho
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Okay that didn't seem to work will try again

RCI Financial services car loan default - Legal Beagles
                              Last edited by scottishlass; 2nd October 2008, 15:39:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for all that info, you really have helped me alot here.

I have already had a read through SL's thread before i posted this one and i got some info from it but i wasnt sure how mine would vary.

So what i need to do is :

1)Write a letter with my intentions and that i want to pay back my arrears and my payments. Send a cheque with the letter.

2) Get relevant form from the court for a time order.

How will the court know what the case is regarding? Do i just fill the forum in and send it back?
                                Originally posted by scottishlass View Post
                                Here is the Linkhttp://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3993&page=3

Afraid it's not a happy ending tho
                                Okay that didn't seem to work will try again

RCI Financial services car loan default - Legal Beagles

Is it not a happy ending due to your daughter not sticking to the new payment plan or because RCI just wouldnt let it go?

I dont mind how much this costs me, I Just dont want to loose my car.
                                Last edited by Rennie; 2nd October 2008, 15:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X