• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RCI financial services!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI financial services!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I need some help and hope people can help me!

I took out a hire purchase agreement with RFS (Renault financial services) back in March 2002. A few months later I could not keep up the payments and the car was reposesed by the company. I heard nothing else after that. No letters demanding payment or anything else at all.

I tried to take out a finance agreement with ford this week. I was refused on the basis I have a £3000 default balance from 2007 with RCI financial services. I am very confused as the agreement was defaulted in 2002. Why is the default date in July 2007?????????????? I tried phoning RCI but as they went through a merger in 2007 they cannot find all my details and have advised me to phone HBOS and write them a letter.

Can anyone advise of who I can contact and any thoughts on why the default date on my credit report would be 2007 instead of 2002?

Re: RCI financial services!!!!!!!!!!

Now that doesn't sound right at all.
    Might be worth getting a copy of your credit file and finding put exactly who put this default there and why.

For a quick over view it's worth trying : Free credit report, credit check - annualcreditreport.co.uk

Comment

That date sounds about the time all dealings from RFS (Bank of Scotland) was transfered to RCI Financial services (RCI Banque).

It could be that as they have all your details transfered from RFS to RCI that the default has been changed as well to tally as well.

I would be very tempted to send a CCA request to RCI, as I know quite a few agreements got 'misplaced' in the transfer of business.

So if they havent got an agreement they have no right to make entries on your credit file, and you can get them removed.

I have a couple of threads regarding RFS and RCI, which ahs a bit of background on them

PKea

Comment

hi. thanks for your help. Sorry if sounds a silly question but what exactly is a CCA and how do i go about sending one?

Comment

You read my mind there PK, the credit report suggestion was so the CCA can be sent to the correct people

Comment

Address for RCI
            RCI Financial Services
            Egale House
            78 St Albans Road
            Watford
            Hertfordshire
            WD17 1AF

Comment

Originally posted by bradyj View Post
              hi. thanks for your help. Sorry if sounds a silly question but what exactly is a CCA and how do i go about sending one?
              CCA - Consumer Credit Agreement

All you need to know is here, in this thread, by Curlyben. It also contains the letters you need to send

Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

This may not be help but it is empathy! I took out a loan with RFS in 2001. No problem til 2007 when I decided to investigate the ppi I had been forced to have with it. Was told merged with RCI and since then nothing but trouble.They stopped taking payments and then accused me of defaulting; they don't reply to letters and have given me 3 different settlement figures. The Ombudsman has I think now got them to reinstate the loan but the ppi issue is apparently outside their jurisdiction cos it was taken out before 2007. It seems that the company just has no idea what it's doing!

Comment

Oh seems like I am not the only one having trouble with RCI Financial. What a joke of a company!! My car was on contact hire and when my husband lost hs job and I went onto Maternity leave I phoned them to say I would struggle to make repayments on my car, they refused to set up a payment plan with me and gave me so much misleading information. They then terminated my agreement without me knowing and then slapped a default against my name.

Currently in talks with THEIR solicitors to try and get something resolved!

Comment

thanks for the feedback! I sent them a letter requesting a CCA but alas no reply. I do not know where to go now as tried phoning them several times. No luck. Do I go down the legal route now? I have no paperwork for the hire purchase from back then and as RCI has no details either it seems stalemate has arrived.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X