• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A question regarding Electric bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding Electric bills

Our electric bills are quite high and I pay by DD.

I have noticed that despite the costs going up SEB have not increased the DD .

Therefore I have in fact been putting some extra into a savings account.

However I am about to change suppliers so understand there will be a final reading. Therefore I am ssuming I will be hit with a large bill as there has not been a reading for some time .

This is a question for anyone hit with a "catching up bill"

I heard that someone had been hit with a three year bill at todays high rate- when they complained that three years ago the cost per unit was lower, the bill was adjusted. But how do they know when you used the postion of units at the higher rate?

So for example you have underpaid x units over 12 months

You are sent a bill of x units at todays rate per unit - you complain and then they apportion at units divided by 12 - 8 months at old rate 4 months at new rate.

But even this is not accurate as you used more eectricity at the old rate as it was in the winter months.

Has anyone come across this problem.?

I am just spending a couple of days getting paperwork up to date and trying to "tighten the belt"

Great way to use my holiday days
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Re: A question regarding Electric bills

helloooooooo -

Anyone know the answer?
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

I love talking to myself. lol

very strange

just checked on line how much was going out on DD - and after tidying up paperwork noticed we have not had a bill from SEB for sometime . Went on line and ddis for SSE energy????. when I did search that is scottish power??

I have not changed supplier and have had no bills from them either.

I can feel a job for secret squirel coming up.

Comment

Oh eck Scoobie you must have foxed em with this question lol
        LouLou would be the one for this answer me thinks.

Comment

Sorry Scoobs , didn`t see this thread before (proves a bump works ;

How long is it since you received a bill from them and are they still drawing the Direct Debit from your account?

I think the sensible thing to do is speak to them directly and find out exactly what is going on. By the way, good thinking for putting away some money in the event that they do land you with a huge bill, if that had been me I probably would have it spent on something else.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

That is why they do not up your DD, you will owe too big an amount when you come to swap suppliers, you can't afford to move. Crafty so and so's

Comment

as above just found out dd appears to be going to another supplier.

I will try and call them but unusually bill is in husbands name so not sure they will talk to me .

It is all very confusing.

usually quite up on paperwork but during house renovation -it has been scattered around house - but can not find any quarterly bills for 2008.

Hope they are not like chiild benefit office. Tried to call them 4 times about a form I had filled in - could not get an answer!
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by enaid View Post
              That is why they do not up your DD, you will owe too big an amount when you come to swap suppliers, you can't afford to move. Crafty so and so's
              yes I agree - with that .
              Last edited by scoobydoo; 23rd September 2008, 16:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well solve one mystery - SEB are part of scottish energy services- so I am actually still with same company.

Last meter reading was a year ago - so I submitted a new reading today .

Could not get through on phone - so on line sent actual reading

Also on line asked for copies of old bills - so lets see what comes through and how they have estimated through the year and at what rates.and see how much we owe.

then I think i have to get my head round changing suppliers.

Comment

Mystery solved?
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

partly

I was querying why DD was going to SSE not SEB - so now I have found out they are part of the same group.

But I am still missing Paper bills for 1 year - so now I have sent them a reading I need to make sure I am charged for the units fairly througout the year - not all of them at todays higher rate.

The main reason I commented was that I think it is something the consumer could easily miss if bills are estimated and the rate per unit goes up and down during the year.

I will now wait and see how they calculate what we owe.

Comment

Right here we go

They have taken my reading and calculated we have UP by £340 and immediately put up our dd.

Now comes the complicated time consuming calculation as to whether they have calculated the units at the correct rate.

I certainly dont see why we should pay all the units at the new rate when the electricity could have been used ayear ago.

As if I have not got more important things to do:rant:

by the way our electric bills are huge - so I am going to buy one of these new fangled monitoring systems which shows you how much electric you are using in £

Watch out teenagers here I come!

Comment

Watch out teenagers here I come!
                        pmsl, poor buggers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X