• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

T-Mobile scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mobile scam

I took out a 18 month contract with T-mobile, offering me £50 back every 3 months. After a year and of claiming back my £ 50 4 times, of which I never received 1 £50 back I cancelled the contract as I feel they were in breach of their contract. They have now sent me to a debt collector who are threatening court action for £663.39 for the remainder of the contract, my contract was for £35 a month, and they are seeking payment for the whole 18 months not just the 6 that I cancelled, who's side would the law be on, I feel they broke the contract long before I cancelled it, and do they have a right to claim the whole 18 months when I had already paid for the contract for 12 months. your assistance would be appreciated. Lisa Rogers

Re: T-Mobile scam

not theee lisa rogers???

Comment

no just Lisa Rogers

Comment

Do you know the name of the plan you are on ? Just trying to find the T&C's for it.

T-Mobile Brochures - Mobile Phone Information - T-Mobile

is a list.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Flex 35 was the plan

Comment

A great many of these cashback schemes rely on you claiming at a particular time, or in a certain way and rely on the fact that many customers fail to adhere to the rules.

As Amethyst has pointed out, we really do need to see the terms and conditions before we can advise fully.

Comment

Did you purchase through a website?

Have found the Combi 30 plans on sites like Bleeby where they offer things like £66 cash back after 8 month, 10months etc which equates to 8 months free line rentals etc. Will have a look at the flex t&c's.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well those T&Cs are a bit rubbish and very generic. Do you have a copy of the agreement you signed when taking out the contract ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

i never signed a contract as it was done on line at t-mobile shop, i also put my 4 claims in at right time through out the year, but as i said they reckon they never recieved 1 of them.

Comment

Okay it does appear TMobile do not themselves do any cashback offers and are not therefore legally responsible for any of them.

You need to contact the company you purchase the phone/plan from.

If they have vanished I wouldnt be suprised. Tmobile do have people on the case but the bast they seem to be able to offer customers is a £5 discount on monthly payment.

If you have the name of the company where you purchased the deal we can try look into it a bit more.

EDIT: Just read your post above - you purchased in a T-mobile shop (have you an address for that shop and did you do the online purchase?) so cancel what I just said lol. Will have a bit more of a look about.

Here have a read of this over on MSE - Cashback Collapse Help Guide: How to fight to get your money back...
                    also T Mobile statement - Cashback Collapse Help Guide: How to fight to get your money back...
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th September 2008, 11:23:AM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by HappyLady View Post
                      After a year and of claiming back my £ 50 4 times, of which I never received 1
                      I presume that you contacted them when you never recieved your first cashback?
                      What did they say?

As others have pointed out, it is ususally always the dealer who provides these offers and not the service provider.
                      When it is the service provider they are usually in the form of reduced line rental for the last months of your contract term

Comment

The T-mobile shop, along with Orange shops and O2 etc, are just franchises.

Although they carry the branding and have direct contact with the service providers, they are seperate entities.

Comment

yes your right ss just found paper work, it was carphone warehouse, have contacted both t-mobile and carphone warehouse and neither are interested. having read your links above how do i stand with them trying to claim whole 18 month contract when there was only 6 months left on contract.

Comment

They are entitled to do that as per the terms of the agreement. T-Mobile have not breached the terms of the agreement with you by not offering the cashback and you need to take that up with car-phone warehouse, in writing.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok thank you, just doesn't seem fair on the customer when t-mobile knew this was going on, and continue to let carphone warehouse sell phones on their network.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X