• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Father hanged himself after being 'harassed' for failing to keep up with his mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father hanged himself after being 'harassed' for failing to keep up with his mortgage

Not a nice story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-mortgage.html

Re: Father hanged himself after being 'harassed' for failing to keep up with his mort

Originally posted by EXC View Post

Yes I have to say I agree, I read this story and felt so sorry for the family concerned. I have to say though, the government and all the bodies that allow these companies to extort this kind of practice on customers instead of talking and offering help instead of demanding more money of what people cannot pay, often through no fault of their own, should hang their heads in shame. But, they wont, they will carry on as business as usual. And still scream at you for what you have not got!!!

Shamefull thing is, it has cost this family a husband, father and grandfather. Where will it end before these companies are told, they cannot persist with god knows how many phone calls and letters per day!!!

I accept that if you owe money, the best way forward is to pay what you can afford and thats it. Companies should be forced to acknowledge this, and NOT apply more pressure for what they have not got and work with families and help them, not force them into such drastic measures that cannot be undone!

Sorry if I upset anyone, it is just my opinion.

Comment

Re: Father hanged himself after being 'harassed' for failing to keep up with his mort

Sorry am I out of line.......manslaughter at least?

If a genuine tie can be made to his death from their behaviour manslaughter covers it. There are stories from the past that fall in the same category aswell.

If I was this family, I'd organise the procession to their head office and park the coffin outside their gates and refuse to leave until every worker had paid their respects. I'm sure the press would be interested in that, but in my case I wouldn't care if the rest of the family disagreed.

I'd also probably wait for the one person who said 'sorry I spoke to you' and then I'd break their testicles in half via their throat but that could just be me.

Civilised world - you're having a laugh.

Comment

It is very sad, as was the case last week about the man who killed himself and his family. He told no one of his troubles apparently, but there must have been lots of people who knew of his situation. The banks, mortgage co., people who he dealt with in business, if just one of these people had picked up on the warning signs (and there must be some, these things just don't happen overnight). Then maybe they could have been helped, that is, if and when these institutions start treating the people they deal with as people again, as they once did.
        As was stated in the article, there will probably be more similar cases too.
        There maybe more to these sad occurences than we have been told and if there are, we may never get the full picture.
        Even so, I do hope that some good comes out of such awful things and it makes people realise that you need to talk about your debts, if not with your nearest and dearest then somewhere like this site.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X