• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Banks have their say .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banks have their say .....

Legal Beagles wrote to each of the banks to ask their views on the findings.

This is the letter we sent.

Lord Terence Burns
    Chairman
    Abbey National PLC
    Abbey National House
    2 Triton Square
    Regent's Place
    London NW1

Dear Lord Burns,

I am writing to you, as part of the Administration Team at the rapidly growing Legal Beagles Consumer Group, to request information about your banks current position with regards to adverse County Court Judgements and your recent application for renewal of your Consumer Credit License.

You will be aware it is a requirement of the Consumer Credit Licensing Bureau to fully answer the following question as part of your application;

“Has your organisation had a county court judgment made against them in the last five years

You will also be aware that providing such false information, or withholding information requested by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), or misleading the OFT, can all have a significant impact on the OFT's assessment of your fitness to be licensed.

To this end I put the following questions to you;

1) Are you, your shareholders and investors aware that Abbey National PLC have over 95 County Court Judgements, totalling approximately £255,000, currently listed with the Registry Trust as unsatisfied against them?

2) How many of these County Court Judgements did the Bank declare when applying to renew their Consumer Credit License?

3) As the required standard of fitness to hold a Consumer Credit License must be maintained throughout the life of the License has Abbey National PLC declared subsequent CCJs as and when they have arisen?

4) Are HM Treasury, HMCS, OFT, FSA, CCLB, BBA, BCSB, your shareholders and investors aware that Abbey National PLC is failing to satisfy Judgement Debts amounting to over £¼ million?

5) What actions do you propose to rectify this blatant breach and total disregard of Court Procedure?

I am assuming this must be just one of the “More ideas for your money”

In order to assist you in giving a full and timely response to my queries, please find enclosed a list, supplied to our Consumer Group by the Registry Trust, of County Court Judgements currently registered against Abbey National PLC.

As I believe this matter to be of great media and public interest, especially in the current climate, I would ask you to at least acknowledge this correspondence by return or at the latest within the next ten days, indicating your intentions to my request.

Yours Sincerely
    Last edited by Amethyst; 29th August 2008, 19:58:PM.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

These are the banks replies;

Abbey CCJ Reply Page 1.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:08 747K
    Abbey CCJ Reply Page 2.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:08 196K
    Barclays Full CCJ Reply Page 2.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:08 37K
    Barclays Full CCJ Reply Page 3.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:08 55K
    Nationwide Reply Page 2.pdf 29-Aug-2008 14:14 12K
    Lloyds CCJ Reply Page 1.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:09 69K
    RBS CCJ Reply001.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:14 362K
    Lloyds CCJ Reply Page 2.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:09 259K
    National CCJ Prelim Reply.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:09 306K
    National 2nd CCJ Reply Page 1.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:12 612K
    National 2nd CCJ ReplyPage 2.jpg 29-Aug-2008 14:13 2.1M

Letters
    Last edited by Tools; 5th September 2008, 00:51:AM.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: The Banks have their say .....

Yorkshire and clydesdale (National)

Last edited by Amethyst; 1st September 2008, 05:34:AM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

BARCLAYS

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X