• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance cancellation fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insurance cancellation fee

ffs!!!

KIDS!!!!!!!

lol
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post
      J and has since found out that the boot is also damaged (suspicious about that bit!)
      I had a low speed shunt when some one ran into the back of me and they appeared to have just cracked the bunper, but they had also creased the floor plan in the boot.

Anyway thats for insurance company to argue over, but Cet is right, if you claim you will have to pay full premium if you cancel the policy

Comment

pmsl sallllllly I'm so not shocked :kiss: your daughter is class extreme xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I;d say get bullbars but knowing Hazel errr don't ! lol.

(cant help on the insurance front not something I ever really managed to sort out pmsl)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yeah, you've met her Ame - it isn't surprising is it????!!!!!
          Just need to work out is it's better for her to continue paying the insurance and claim or cancel and pay out herself.
          I should never have let her drive mine! Just fixed the damn bumper lol
          Sally xx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Just as well she hasn't cancelled as she was driving my car and hit the car in front!!!
            Stuck in very slow traffic, her bag fell off the passenger seat, instead of braking she bent to pick up the bag while continuing to crawl foreward - the car in front stopped!!!
            My bumper is now shattered and she cracked the bumper in front - and has since found out that the boot is also damaged (suspicious about that bit!)

So I think she will be claiming then cancelling!
            Banned from my car.
            She also has two parking tickets - how is this possible when she has only been driving two months?????
            Bloody kids lol
            Sally xxx

PS Why aren't bumpers made of material that will bump and not shatter?
            Is there anywhere you can buy a rubber cover for them? That's a serious question btw
            I'm a bit confused by what you are saying here. She can't claim on her insurance for the damage to your car, because that isn't covered on her policy.

Can you explain what you mean a bit more clearly please?

Comment

Her insurance covered her to drive any car
              Sally x

Comment

Her insurance covered her to drive any car
                Sally x
                It will only cover her for 3rd party probably,
                ie the insurance will pay for the other car to be repaired and not yours

Comment

PS Why aren't bumpers made of material that will bump and not shatter?
                  Is there anywhere you can buy a rubber cover for them? That's a serious question btw
                  You can get covers for some vehicle bumpers, usually 4x4's though, depends what car you have

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                    It will only cover her for 3rd party probably,
                    ie the insurance will pay for the other car to be repaired and not yours
                    I know you're supposed to say something like "at least my daughter wasn't hurt" after a crash, but ................. I may kill her!!!!

I have a Mondeo Estate,
                    Any ideas PK, surely somewhere must cater for people like my daughter. Or is there some rubber stuff I can just stick on?
                    Sally xx

Comment

I
                      Any ideas PK, surely somewhere must cater for people like my daughter.
                      Sally xx
                      Try one of these for her

Comment

PMSL!!!!!!
                        It would be for the best
                        Sally xx

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                          Sadly, you will probably find that if a claim is made then the full amount payable under the policy becomes due, even in the event that it is cancelled.

It normaly is but i think on a your fault only claim, it's often worth summing up which will impact you the most, the money you have to pay in or the work on your car, if you can do repairs.

Comment

But as, in this case, there is no way that the OP's daughter can claim for the damage to her mother's car, as it isn't covered, the discussion is somewhat academic.

The OP has fallen for them "driving other cars" wording on her daughter's policy which only ever covers third party risks and therefore isn't to be relied on for regular use. The OP should have named her daughter on her own policy if she intended her to use it regularly.

Comment

It was far cheaper for Hazel to get her own insurance than be a named driver on mine, she wasn't ever going to be a regular driver on mine - not at all now!
                              It would be cheaper for her to pay cash to fix the car she hit and cancel the insurance.
                              Sally xx

Comment

She had to get her own insurance anyway, because she had her own car. What we are discussing is the arrangements for your car insurance, over and above the arrangements for her own car.

I can appreciate that it didn't seem worth adding her to your car as a named driver, as she had her own and was unlikely to drive your much if at all. I'm sorry that she had an accident during her brief period without her own car working.

Given that she would stuff her NCD due to the claim, it's hard to see any point in keeping the policy going. She may as well pay for the third party damage, as you suggest, in cash and cancel.

The third party may well be iffy about this, as they may suspect she isn't insured at all and is attempting to cover it up.

The third party's insurer may also be iffy about it.

You need to handle the situation very carefully to avoid anyone getting (wrong) suspicions and hence insisting on it all going through insurance on both sides.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X