• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hire purchase car problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hire purchase car problem

So back in 2014, I made a huge mistake. I financed a Saab which cost me £19000 with Money-way.
    Payments are £308 a month for five years. I am on positive equity on the finance, never miss a payment after 3 and half years. I have £6000 left to clear the loan.
    But I don’t have that money. The problem is that the engine of the car has blown up and the car is worthless now.
    It’s going to cost me at least a couple thousand.
    Please what are my options at this point? I'm thinking:
    • Voluntary Termination ? Is this a good idea?
    Last edited by bblnr88; 20th January 2018, 18:15:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Hire purchase car problem

Cheaper to repair with a refurbished engine.

Comment

Re: Hire purchase car problem

I know but I don’t have the two grand ready for a refurbished engine. If I VT the loan will the finance company charge me just for the repair they will make on the car and nothing else?

Comment

I have the same problem with moneyway,but the extra bit of my story is that I paid for a refurbished engine,and the mechanic that fitted it and took £1250 has managed to break it once again,he said hel fix it a cost,em a dont think so,so now because he has ignored me,ive had to go with the formal letter,will I succeed in getting my money back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X