• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need help with a Statute Barred court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a Statute Barred court claim

Hi everyone

I am trying to help a friend out who has been issued a court claim by Cohen Cramer regarding a debt sold to Lowell for just over £1000

According to my friend the debt was actually statute barred from 10th January 2018. The court claims date was 9th January 2018 (the day before conveniently). Is this the date that it is deemed to have been served or would that be after the 10th? If after I wish to file a defence on the basis that this debt is statute barred can someone please show me a template to adivce me how to do this.

Failing that Cohen Cramer started chasing my friend for this in May 2017. I sent them a request in May for all the relevant documentation pertaining to the debt under the consumer credit act. It took them till September to send him everything (way beyond the legal time limit set out) Do I have a defence here? If so could you please help. They then sent a duplicate letter before action in December, ignored are response and filed a claim for the money.

Failing that if we are stuffed I would apprecieate so help negotiating a statutory payment of £1 per month as he is disabled on benefits / long term sick and certainly couldnt afford the demands that are being placed on him. It is due to some mental health issues that I am acting on his behalf.

I really apprecieate any help you can offer and look forward to discussing

p.s I have attached a copy of the letter I sent in may for your perusal. This is the one I sent following there initial letter before action Which they sent to my friend again in December.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X