• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need URGENT ADVICE ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH A NEWLY PURCHASED VEHICLE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need URGENT ADVICE ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH A NEWLY PURCHASED VEHICLE

I recently purchased a used vehicle from a showroom from one of the larger automobile manufacturers in the country. I was told that the vehicle was in great condition as it had only one previous owner and had done 14k miles. I paid £5000 cash and agreed to a further 4 year finance term which would mean I paid an additional £6000. Fast forward 1 week and 6 days I am driving the vehicle and several warning lights appear including the check engine, and battery light. I fortunately work very close to the dealership, again I mention this is one of the larger automotive manufacturers and retailers. So I returned the vehicle to them today, and they took the vehicle back assuring me that they'd resolve whatever issues were present. I neglected to mention that the vehicle has also been generating a groaning sound when reversing, alongside an irregular engine noise. I am no longer comfortable driving such a vehicle, I am beginning to supsect that the vehicle may be a Category D or even C car that was not before disclosed. I recognise that finance is a tricky area but as the purchase is less than 14 days I wanted to know if anyone could offer advice for a possible return or cancellation of the finance and a full refund of my money or is that impossible. I recognise that issues like this may be time sensitive PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Need URGENT ADVICE ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH A NEWLY PURCHASED VEHICLE

Hi and welcome.
    Basically if the vehicle is unsatisfactory you can reject it within the first thirty days, but you need to show the faults were present when delivered.
    However you have agreed to let the dealer repair the vehicle, so you must now allow them this one attempt.
    It should be done with minimal inconvenience to you, and in a reasonable time.
    The time the car is with the dealer "stops the clock" regarding the thirty days.

If the repair is unsatisfactory or other problems arise the car can be rejected.

After the thirty days you have a further five months in which the car can be rejected.
    However during that period the supplier has the right to effect one attempt at repair.
    If rejection goes ahead during this period a deduction can be made for usage.
    However any fault is deemed to have been present when the vehicle was delivered.

Depending on your finance, the finance company may be the owners, and rejection would have to be to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X